Who is “social distancing”? How are you doing?

Since our trip got cancelled last minute we’re using March Break to practice social distancing. The kids have two extra weeks post March Break but I don’t know yet about my own work.

After 1 day I’m bored. I cleaned my bedroom and bathroom completely … which I’m embarrassed to say was LONG overdue!!! But I fear I’m already bored of cleaning. LOL. 24 hour news is only informative for about 1 hour than it just repeats the same shit. Reading makes my ADHD brain very sleepy.

I’m not sure I’m going to make it. But at least I’m sober!!! I’m not sure I would be if this was last year.

I’m also super stressed because my Dad is currently in Spain and trying to get home. So far his ticket is for Tuesday but it sounds like the country will go into lockdown on Monday so I’m anxious for news that he’ll still come home. This all sucks so bad.

14 Likes

I’ve started last few weeks but I want to go to a meeting tonight.might go but I will not be hugging or shaking anyone’s hand nothing personal

1 Like

I pray your Dad gets home safe and soon. Way to go staying sober.

I basically am a homebody anyway so this emphasis on staying home is no big deal to me. Try to get outside for a walk or something at least. Try to build some structure in to the day. When I’m home I don’t watch tv until 4pm. Morning news then nothing. That’s just what works for me. A friend of mine watches tv all day. So whatever works for you.

1 Like

The only thing I’ve really changed is I’ve decided to do home workouts for the next few weeks. Outside of that, I’m already a hermit.

7 Likes

My mother is fairly high risk. We pick up groceries rather than shop for them. There is no shaking hands or hugging at meetings or church. I am walking outdoors every day but nothing else has changed that much for us here. We are planning a beach trip Monday to enjoy the kids out of school. Read up on the WHO website. You may feel better about getting out in public a bit. That’s my two cents anyways.

2 Likes

I’m pretty much a hermit anyway. I did skip my weekly dinner out on Friday. Wasn’t really in the mood to go out regardless of what’s going on.

1 Like

Social distancing is not that difficult for me. I am a prepper and have had food stock and rotation as long as I can remember, more so since sobriety.

I run and exercise alone and my germophobe nature has made me avoid the gym and invest in weights and mats to workout at home already as I got bad norovirus and I’m convinced it was the gym. I still socialize but I’m not shy to remind politely about social distancing when I need to and comfortable with cutting down if need be. I’ve started facetiming family and friends more already and we’re working from home and using zoom as of Friday. People have started joining me in disinfecting their desks and equipment in the office so there’s some positives and I no longer am viewed as the wierd guy in that regard.

I live alone and I’m used to isolation, but might have an elderly friend come to live with me for a while - not sure how that’ll work out but I care for him with groceries and meals regularly, he’s LGBT too with no close family and it might make it easier, but need to see what the rules are in the next week in the UK, it looks like we are due to quarantine over 70s for 4 months so hopefully that keeps my parents etc safe, but then we have the logistics of providing for them to think about and need to mobilize with my siblings to do that whilst keeping grandkids away.

I have the space for my friend, but rumours are strict quarantine isolation for over 70s. The government is frustratingly slow at taking action and testing is not being carried out unless symptoms are greater than 7 days which seems crazy but that’s it.

It’s my parents and elderly folk I am close to that I’m really worried about. I’ve had to have some serious conversation with them about the importance of it, they look at me like I’m crazy, which I guess I am to a certain extent but not about this, I’ve been wary of this since day 1.

I’m so grateful to be sober to deal with this and help people. It has brought some anxiety which I haven’t felt for a while but I am working on that and upping my meditation and refocusing on living in the moment rather than let fear manifest in my mind.

Stay safe everyone, stay strong and stay sober.

9 Likes

Joe Wicks HIITS on YouTube are great for home workouts and I have found get better results than the gym. Enjoy whatever routines you’re doing and stay safe.

3 Likes

Got my deadlift platform, power rack, battle rope, kettlebells, and Airdynes. Gonna keep on working on the big three lifts, and maybe get a little creative with some of the accessory work.

4 Likes

Jealous, I’ve got a mat, dumbbells, barbell and punchbag in an apartment :joy:

2 Likes

Welp i was sitting in my chair watching tv and a mouse ran across my living room so the last hour me and the kids tried to catch it lol fun experience we didn’t catch it. Made it a interesting night and the mouse won the living room tonight. So now the hunt for the mouse we begin tomorr morning

4 Likes

Borrow the neighbors kitty? :smirk:

2 Likes

Lol i would but my dogs who are huge don’t like cats. My big scary dogs stood behind me lol scared of the mouse i was like really guys

4 Likes

Silly dogs. I guess putting cheese out would be futile. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yea lol i wanted to catch it and put it outside but idk now going to deep clean organize more maybe i can find it tomorr. Plus gives me stuff to do. I feel i need to stay busy

2 Likes

We just canceled our trip too. We planned on taking our girls to a resort with a indoor water park.
I called to cancel because of what I thought was obvious reasons and the woman on the phone was so shitty about it and didn’t understand since they keep everything clean🤦‍♀️
Umm I’m not honestly worried about how clean you keep it I’m worried about the other 500 people that are coming there for their spring break trips​:woman_facepalming::rofl:

3 Likes

I thought this would be easier…I’m basically an introvert. But I guess I like to be alone while out and about. At home is hard…especially with the family here too!!!

2 Likes

I LOVE being alone… until I have to be.
It’s like when you don’t have to pee until you don’t have anywhere to go. Or when your toilet breaks and is being fixed🤣

5 Likes

@NewPerspective what a wonderful, kind thing to do in taking in an elderly friend. I love that we can choose our family in that way. Sounds like a mutually beneficial atrangement.

2 Likes

And the ferals I take care of left a little mouse present at the back door again…and I didn’t see it there so oops! I stepped on it! It’s a pretty flat offering now. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes