Who is “social distancing”? How are you doing?

YES. That’s it. Usually I want to be alone and at home. But now, not so much.

It doesn’t help that my Dad is stuck in Spain and trying to get home. I’m so stressed. I’m afraid by the time he can get a flight they’ll be grounding all flights.

1 Like

Can you get out for some alone walks?

Sorry about your Dad. I am sure that is stressful. Has he been to the American Embassy yet or in contact? He should be able to change his flight and get home.

He is registered with the Canadian government…but I don’t think they are helping people get home, but rather getting a list of citizens abroad if they CAN’T get home. But right now we’re just hoping flights don’t get grounded.

1 Like

I am sorry, I forgot you are Canadian, what a slip up!! I am also sorry they aren’t bringing your people home. It can’t hurt for him to get in touch with your embassy there. :purple_heart:

1 Like

Social distancing?!..I work 5 days a week in one of the biggest busiest salons in South of UK…work with 30-40 odd colleagues and each of us ‘service’ 5-12 clients each a day…world gone mad…but probably busier incase public can’t have their darn hair done for a few months.!.lots of anti bac to be responsible to government guidelines…:v:

1 Like

I have had tight chest short breath since Thursday. Got back from a transatlantic flight a week ago. I’m self quarantining with family, trying to make sure none of us is physically near others, but I’m having a hard time persuading teenager to take it seriously. I keep telling her that she needs to avoid all public spaces and friends, to protect others not herself, but it’s hard for her to hear me. I wish I could get tested, and youngest daughter, who has what may or may not be a cold. And the rest of my kids, because if I have it they probably do. It would be nice to know, and nice to feel we lived in a country with a functioning healthcare system. Haha. But oh well. Apart from the looming apocalypse, it’s nice to be home.

1 Like

That’s the worst thing. Always wondering “is this a symptom??”. I know I’m over analyzing every symptom I have. Last week I had a sore throat then a minor fever (37.8 was the highest it got). Then I had a headache and a stiff neck (though that might have been from all the salt water gargles I did). Right now my ribs hurt around my back…like my lungs are tight. But I have not traveled or been near anyone who travelled. There are also so few cases in my town I can’t imagine is community spread. So what do I do??? I know they won’t test me (no travel and no health risks). I keep reading symptoms and every website says something different. Argh!!! So stressful.

1 Like

Our first case was community spread,a elder woman who had not traveled in last 6weeks.not saying you have it

Maybe that is you having it Sue. I know it doesn’t help the anxiety but they did say that it can affect people differently.
It’s a pain that you may not actually ever be sure.

Looking for something else to do at home?

5 Likes

Another way you can participate in the arts from home:

3 Likes

Blech…opera. A 30 minute drawn out une cessation for 3 hours. I’ve been to see 2 operas and will never see another.

Now, if it were free ballet I’d be all over it!!!

A friend of mine posted links for virtual visits to art galleries…I think I’ll be searching that out. If I find the link again I’ll post it here too.

2 Likes

Totally! I think it would be great to have a bunch of activity ideas for people.

I’ve been social distancing for 15 years. I’m a pro at it :joy:

4 Likes

I think that too, lol! (About me, :smile:)

1 Like

9 Likes

I am working from home too. I popped back in for the first time in a while because the situation reminded me of how nice it is to respond to a crisis with a sober mind compared to the alternative. I had honestly completely forgotten until I saw people loading up carts with liquor the other day.

Remember when every feeling of being off balance was an excuse to drink? Remember being trapped into having to stock alcohol all the time? Maybe I haven’t found the right thread here but I don’t see these problems being mentioned. I know that the old me would have had both issues. I feel pretty good that I don’t now. Instead I can do my best and not disappoint myself on top of everything else.

7 Likes

Well, with those symptoms, you would definitely want to avoid visiting anyone in the high risk category or going to stores if you already aren’t.

1 Like

Yes, I thought of how dangerous that would be. That is why I had to go out and get it so often. Most of the time I only bought the usual 3 cans - in one bad year that was every day. If I bought more I would almost always drink it and then feel like crap. Still, on weekends I did often buy more especially in my worst year or two.

It is really nice not to be a slave to these things right now and to stay safe at home. Stay safe everyone and hope you feel better soon @VSue!