Who lives in the path of the 2024 Total Solar Eclipse?

So excited for you!

2 Likes

Very exciting @Cjp! I was planning to go stay with family in upstate NY to experience it but I just received notification of a corporate audit that week at work and had to cancel my plans. Boo hoo! There are 51 other weeks they could have chosen from, wtf?!

@Just_Laura are you expecting a big turn out at the club? Good money for you I would imagine. I think I read itā€™s expected to be from 3:16pm to 3:29pm in your area.

7 Likes

Actually, the club isnā€™t doing anything for a couple reasons. Weā€™re closed on Mondayā€™s, except for private golf tournaments in the summer. The main reason though, is location. The building is on the Niagara escarpment, so thereā€™s a huge drop off from the front of the building. Most of the back patio is shaded by the building from 1pm-5pm. Plus thereā€™s a massive treeline with the tallest trees in the city. The best place to watch would be the parking lot :rofl: so, not very accessible for a lot of people. Iā€™m good with it. Iā€™ll be watching from my parents backyard, just like we did in 1994 :+1:

3 Likes

Well at least you have the day off to enjoy it.

2 Likes

The parking lot of our office in South Burlington, Vermont will be a prime location for viewing, full 360Ā° view of the sky and smack in the path of totality.

5 Likes

Hey eclipsians!! Whos getting excited?

8 Likes

Itā€™s going right over my house here in the Texas hill country. Spring is in full bloom with wildflowers. My town has a lake and itā€™s full of campers. Traffic inbound is heavy. Iā€™m hoping the cloudy forecast is wrong!

7 Likes

Iā€™m in the path for totality. Expecting huge amount of people. Clouds in the forecast but who knows on that. Should it happen thereā€™s lots to experience otherwise. It will be lovely either way.
I was also in the path for the October annular. The birds quit chirping etcetera.

8 Likes

We are heading to Paducah, Kentucky tomorrow morning! Iā€™m excited regardless to see my family after our holiday plans fell apart.

8 Likes

Guess what @Cjp !! Iā€™m flying to Texas to see the eclipse!!!

Unfortunately, forecast calls for thunderstorms on Mondayā€¦

Canā€™t catch break

7 Likes

We are an hourā€™ish from the totality line through NB and itā€™s calling for clear skiesā€¦ just figuring if I wanna drive over.

4 Likes

They say clouds monday here in southwest tx :frowning: but atleast we got upgraded to a cabin with a pool!!

7 Likes

Hell yeah @HoofHearted enjoy the pandemonium

5 Likes

I wasnā€™t trying to get excited about it for the possibility that western NY weather strikes again, but now that I can see the forecast I am. Itā€™s been raining/snowing for days, itā€™s raining right now, but by Monday itā€™s supposed to be 60Ā° and minimally party cloudy. As long as itā€™s clear at 3pm is all that matters. We will see :eyes:

6 Likes

@RosaCanDo looks like you will have clear skies. Lucky duck!

5 Likes

Iā€™m not quite in the best direct line but I should be able to see it from here! Pretty neat!

5 Likes

Iā€™ve been watching the weather and for a bit there I was worried! But yes it looks good for us, yay!

4 Likes

Iā€™m hoping they do it at night because Iā€™ll be working most of that day.

3 Likes

Air bnb bookings!

6 Likes

:rofl: In the whole state of NY, my cityā€™s in the empty spot! People keep saying how crazy itā€™s gonna be around here but Iā€™ve had my doubts. Unless youā€™re staying with family, the only reason youā€™d end up here for the eclipse is bc you couldnā€™t find a hotel in Buffalo or Niagara Falls :rofl:

3 Likes