Why did i do it

Allen Carr’s The Easy Way to Control Alcohol and Annie Grace’s This Naked Mind are great books to read that would address these desires you’re referring to.

3 Likes

How cool is that, you’re seeing the good side of being sober! As @KevinesKay said, This Naked Mind is a good read about controlling your subconscious desire to drink. I’ve only read Allan Carr’s “quit smoking” book, but I guess he uses the same technique for alcohol. Good luck on your sober journey! Stay on track with us, you can do this! :muscle:t2:

3 Likes

I used to find Friday Saturday and Sunday nights the worst. Now it’s just Saturday night. Come around 5pm my wife will start pouring her first vodka and coke sit in the kitchen and listen to music. This was fine when i was drinking but now i find it boring.

1 Like

Update; got home from work last night, father in law had left me an Irish coffee (i didn’t drink it) although the drink demon was on my shoulder. Today ive taken the day off work, i am going into town with my wife, father in law and brother in law to celebrate my mother in laws birthday. It will be a pub crawl but im determined to stay sober.

1 Like

I would give the pub crawl a miss if your early in recovery I made sure I avoided all alcohol related events for first 3 months good luck on your journey :pray:t2:

3 Likes

If i feel it’s getting too much I’ll get up and go for a walk. It will be coffee and soft drinks for me. Plus i need to be up tomorrow at 04:30 for work.

2 Likes

Well i did it. Out on the town from 1pm to 18:45. Went to 4 pubs No alcohol but plenty of coffee and a Pepsi to end the day. Now home with a cold glass of milk.

3 Likes

No unfortunately, but had a mixed grill in the last pub we were in so im not hungry

2 Likes

28 days alcohol free. Onwards and upwards :+1::facepunch:

5 Likes

That’s awesome! Great news Dave! :clap:t2::tada: Keep it up!

2 Likes