Why did you choose your screen name?

I always took pride in succeeding at the things chose to put my mind to. I was hoping that if I “DECIDED” to quit drinking, it would be the same I guess.

Wishful thinking, trying to instigate a self fufilled prophesy and a little fake it till you make it :joy:

5 Likes

Fun thread! @Victorious…my first name starts with H + little + lady. I’ve always been picked on, talked down to, and treated as if I was a child because I’m petite so, I tried to own the name more. Big things come in small packages?
@Ignatius - Top 3 fav books!
@Gabe.G - haha, my girlfriend’s husband is an “actor” and it was down to him and the guy now playing Roland and I hate to say this, but the fact that they were considering my friend’s husband told me they weren’t treating this movie right :stuck_out_tongue: But, if you go see it, I still wanna know what you think!

4 Likes

One of my favorite characters! When I first read it (way back when) I thought Clint Eastwood would be perfect to play Roland.

3 Likes

I may not have come out of the Sci-Fi nerd closet yet…so here goes…

I am a Trekkie, one of the biggest Star Trek nerds there is. I watch Next Gen every day, can run the lines on the original series in my sleep, have t-shirts, mugs, etc…the list goes on and on and on…you get it! (I don’t, however, go to conventions dressed as a Klingon…though it has its appeal!!)

My favorite character from the Next Gen series is called Roga Danar. He is an obscure character from an episode called The Hunted. He was the only character in the series that “outsmarted” the Enterprise! The episode was a morality statement on how we had treated Vietnam Veterans returning from the war. Needless to say, Roga is my screen name on just about everything, including MMORPG games I used to play! Yes, I used to be a gamer too :smirk: I even had a vanity plate made for my car when I used to live in Georgia!

2 Likes

Clint Eastwood in his youth for sure. That is Roland to me. It’s the picture in my head when I read the books. (Now of course all I see whe I think Roland is my son😉)

But they could have got Eastwoods son to play Roland. Or I wanted Viggo Mortenson! (Aragorn,LOTR). He woulda been perfect! Little short for Roland Deschain, but at least he has the right skin tone. Nothing racial what so ever. It’s just Roland is not black. What where they thinking?!

2 Likes

Lol u really gave me a good laugh. I can dig it. Surprised your pic isn’t Star trek related. What’s up with the turtle?

@anon69871201 katerpotater lol gotcha

1 Like

I picked mine hungover and sad and I hate it. It’s what I call my dog sometimes.
I wish you could change your screen name on here!

Oh boy. Well, think of it as inspiration to be sober; it’ll help you make wise choices

Turtles have been my favorite forever. I even have a turtle as my logo for my business. Here are some of the reasons I love them:

The wisdom of the turtle totem teaches us about determination and staying strong despite obstacles or distractions. This animal encourages those who have it as totem to listen deeply to their guidance and trust their path no matter what.

It is a great helper for those who need to provide a steady effort and persistence. You can call on the wisdom of the turtle when you need help to sustain your efforts and succeed in a long-lasting endeavor. By analogy with the biological attributes of this animal characterized by a long life, this spirit animal is also associated with longevity.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y

I agree! - “I like turtles” :slight_smile:

1 Like

My middle name

@lovelife I’m interested to hear your reason :blush:

it’s my nickname from online game times. when my friends and me logged out i always sayd nini (good night) and soon they gave me this nickname :yum:

2 Likes

So glad you’re sober because, his look doesn’t suit you! :rofl:

Wanted sobriety and years combined

Years combined? I’m not following. Can you explain further?

My screen name is Soberon4 … it came to me when I passed my 3yrs then it was Soberon3. I’m coming up on 5yrs then I’ll change it again. 10/15/12😊

3 Likes

Lee is my middle name and Hall was my last name before my step-dad adopted me. It is also the character or gaming name that I have used for years. If you want to find me on Facebook, my name is Barry Joerger.

1 Like

Ok I gotcha

I have always say that when I have a tortoise I will name her Jacinta, I have rescue a few but they all end up leaving me, still, every tortoise I see I name them Jacintadturtle (i know its not the same, but when i learned english we learn turtle as a general name and it stuck w me) I love tortoises!!

2 Likes