Why I just pushed a beer away....for the newly struggling

Have been overdoing the work myself since going sober. Working every weekend the last month on top, exhausting myself really seems to have zapped some mental strength.

It’s all about balance I guess!

1 Like

Actually, me and one of my workers joked about that…i am all about quirky humor.

2 Likes

That’s really hard to read :broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart:

Scott, man. Thinking of you. Just shows it can happen to the strongest of us.
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

Awww…i appreciate it. I think we are all an inspiration. Those of us that make it are truly the lucky ones!

It just a part of life, this place is no different than society in general. There will always be those that need to make those type of comments. In this case the voice inside my head was using it to keep me isolated.

3 Likes

The good Lord wired me to be a sheepdog. AA has helped me find balance with it. At times I lose that balanc3.

1 Like

They’ve been happening since I’ve been here, I’ve experienced them all over my sobriety journey. People get frustrated, it’s human nature, when you care about something like this and can’t properly express your message it gets snarky. I’ve been guilty of some of it myself, I’m better just offering my advice and letting it go now, but I suppose it’ll happen forever, sobriety is serious stuff, it’s life or death for me

3 Likes

Scott on my first day here you said call me if you need to. Damn I appreciated that! Same back at you buddy. You are a SWO vet so I know you can kick any stressful situation in the ass.

2 Likes

SWOs eat their young…we got this

1 Like

Wow. Thank you so much for your honesty. I suspect it was hard to share some of that. But I’m so glad you did because I know you helped someone else. You’re awesome!

2 Likes

Thinking about your situation on the drive home. I know what working for a dick is like, but no way is that jerk going to take your sobriety from you. He is not worth it.

1 Like

Only 1 person can make me drink, and that person is me.

3 Likes

That is right. You got me a little worked up, I can swing by with a ski mask if you need back up

1 Like

Naa…he is just a young kid out of college with zero leadership skills…lol…i sound like a Chief talking about a new Divo

I was one of the smart ones and tried to make my chief my best friend. :slight_smile:

My Chief loved me. He liked Johnny Walker, fine cigars and sushi…I kept him full on all 3…and did what ever he told me.

1 Like

Awesome that is the way to do it

Scott, I am so thankful you shared your experience - and so sorry that you are living in such misery right now. It sounds like it is finite now, but damn - you have been living like this for so long, carrying the weight of so many people. I so hope that relief comes soon. I am thankful that you are brave and honest enough to show that we never know the hardships each other are facing - and how the disease finds us when we are at our most vulnerable. Know what we are here for you. Anytime.

5 Likes

Fuck me Scott. That was a rather hard read man. Im glad you pushed that away, but shit.
Lots of people always say protect your sobriety with all you can. You know more than I do, but from the outside looking in at ya, it was a too close for comfort call.
Just my opinion, but your job seems like it’s hurting you more than it’s helping. I completely understand not wanting to let your people down, but a sheepdog can’t be a sheepdog if they’re drunk. Id take a day off, now, not in 2 weeks or 4 weeks. Take 2. Recharge the battery a bit. You’ll be better off for yourself and your employees if you do.

10 Likes