Wife having an affair

Ok.i work for the nhs .the health services in the uk …got home yesterday and my wife says shes been having an affair and wants me to leave…covid is everywhere and now this

7 Likes

Oh man, I’m sorry you’re in that situation. How’s your sobriety going?
I wish I could say something to help you feel better.
:persevere:

1 Like

Lots of love bro you deserve better than that. Always positives and things to be grateful for this doesn’t have to stop you in any which way.

3 Likes

Wow! I’m so sorry. Unfortunately, i have no advice other than, stay strong and we’re here for you.

1 Like

Ive been dry for over two years now. Shes been having an affair with the builder. Im devastated. I dont have savings.all my Money supports my family. And i cant easily move As of covid

3 Likes

I am sorry to hear that. Sounds like you have some decisions ahead. Being sober will help you make more level headed ones hopefully.

4 Likes

I Am not sure what i can do. Ive got to get up in five hours an go to work.

1 Like

Get some sleep and go to work in the morning. Sounds like a good plan so far.

1 Like

Im just at a loss. Our family is wonderful. Our home is wonderful and now its just destoyed.

I manage two hundred staff and we are all trying to adapt and provide good care. So much of what i do is just ti be’ supportive and positive but i dont feel either. And the people who knkw me well will read me like a book.

2 Likes

You can’t solve it tonight. You need rest. :green_heart: Try to sleep, I know it’s hard, but try. A little rest is good.

5 Likes

Its 2.20am. I will try and sleep but the timing of this is so cruel.

4 Likes

You’re a selfless great person helping people in a time like this. Get some rest figure out what the next right thing to do is kick her out or something move forward you deserve better brother

1 Like

That was my thought. I know there’s never a good time, but right now? Yikes (to put it mildly).

My second thought was why do you have to leave?

Not the time to ask. It’s too raw. You do need to try to sleep :zzz:

:cry::kissing_heart:

I agree, the timing is cruel. Sounds like you’re a great guy and you deserve better. My heart breaks for you and your family. Try to get some rest.

1 Like

I need to get some sleep. Work is crazy at the minute but i would rather be’ there than home. I cant imagine starting over again. But thanks for folks support . Such a sh@t year

4 Likes

Im not going to drink. Im probably more likely to cry . 21 years gone .

8 Likes

@Timetochange
I agree it is terrible timing!!!

Dude, I would not go anywhere!!! I would say to her “You’ve been having the affair, you leave!!”
Hire a moving service to pick up her shit and take it wherever she wants it or just put it in storage.
If she is seeing someone, have them take it to their house.

She needs to get herself out of your place!!!

22 Likes

@Timetochange
What a kick in the teeth, esp when u have been sober so long, and it is such a stressful time in ur work. (Of course, not ok in any situation.) I guess just do the next right thing for now. Big hugs.

1 Like

Oh, and by all means, do not start using again!!!
Nothing is worth throwing away your sobriety!!!

Better days on the horizon.

2 Likes