Wild animals we adore

Toad

9 Likes

Not my foto (obviously) but so beautiful I had to share

11 Likes

15 Likes

“Adore” is the wrong word. Came across this guy on my walk today and gave it plenty of space.

At least Google thinks it’s a non venomous rat snake.

15 Likes

Working on my zoom abilities on the new phone

14 Likes

We’ve been seeing some exotics this year. That’s a false eye on the back of it.

13 Likes

Grey fox. There were three, this one stayed a bit to check me out. So cute.

17 Likes

Those are incredible pictures Eric @Dazercat . Unbelievable having those “cats” at your backyard .
They are gorgeous.

3 Likes

Awww look at this little buddy :heart_eyes: @Mno we’ve got too many of them here in my area as they actually don’t belong here and have no natural predators. So the population is growing immensely.
But I can’t help myself I just find them so super cute.
I love Racoons :raccoon:

3 Likes

wild bobcat in the yard. about two, three times the size of a domestic kitty. :star_struck:

10 Likes

The elusive black grey squirrel. 1 in 10,000 chance of seeing one. I saw one in my backyard and the next day I saw this one at work :black_heart:

11 Likes

This is so cute! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Good morning friends.

Why did the wild turkey cross the road?
I don’t know but I caught her doing it and was too far away to ask.

9 Likes

Got to see this beautiful cute little bugger on my Florida vacation. It was fascinating and I fall in love with this cutie at first sight … Just to learn after a short resurch that it is the most poisonous caterpillar in the USA and you better stay away from it.

Still cute and no, luckily it didn’t do any harm to me.

8 Likes

9 Likes

My jaw dropped when I saw that! I’m glad you found out what it was :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Grabbing the Christmas presents out of my car last night and I had a silent neighbour watching me about 5 feet away from where I was standing.

8 Likes

This guy was watching me at work today. The homeowner said it is a blue herring.

10 Likes

A blue heron is what it is. Here’s its European cousin with the same name, hoping to eat some herring :fish: without having to fish for it. From my own archive.

12 Likes

That’s cool. I like your picture better. Thanks @Mno

3 Likes