Wild animals we adore

Don’t worry. Every picture I’ve ever tried to take of one ends up super fuzzy bc I’m never close enough. Beautiful bird though.

3 Likes

14 Likes

Amazing. Is that a roadrunner?

1 Like

It is!! Sorry for the delayed response I have to go to wi-fi spots

2 Likes

It’s like a live action cartoon!

1 Like

Very cute. Smaller than I thought. And…did it run??

1 Like

Lol, yea but probably just to get away from me

1 Like

10 Likes

When I clicked on this thread, I got the feeling I’d see more bobcats…I had no idea how MANY I’d see!!!

I ran into two last night on my walk… they were H.U.G.E!! But it was super freaking incredible to see them too.

Love this thread! :heart:

13 Likes

The good kind of wild turkey.

14 Likes

Depends! The ones I knew in Massschusetts were absolute bastards. One went after Chief once!

4 Likes

Watching the show about Steve Irwin’s family and their running of the Australia Zoo.

Today I learned that they weight the baby koalas in pyrex glasses :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I also may or may not have done my best Steve Irwin impression while pretending that Chief & Ozzy are ferocious crocodiles. I’ll never tell.

13 Likes

My yard, less than half of them this morning, partnered with maybe 20 deer.

14 Likes

Agua Caliente Park

12 Likes

Wood pigeons

10 Likes

Took a stroll around my area. This is an actual REAL LIFE TURTLE OR TERRAPIN :turtle:. In the Grand Union Canal, in West London…:astonished::astonished::astonished:

11 Likes

I posted this one on the check in a couple of days ago. We got quite a lot of m in Amsterdam Oost, all pets that have been ‘released’. They don’t breed because it’s not warm enough consistently to hatch their eggs. Or so they say.

o

12 Likes

Shame, I’ve seen them in different places before randomly also. They seem to be living well enough….but it’s still a real shame.

2 Likes

Honey badgers.

Fearless and possess enourmous strength.

…and can drop a stink bomb to fend off predators :rofl:

1 Like

The highlight of my workday

14 Likes