Wild animals we adore

Caught a short video earlier of some hummingbirds chasing each other around the garden and grabbed some screenshots

8 Likes

Morning squirrel for ya.

That pine cone is as big as his head :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Have a nice sober day.
:heart: :chipmunk:

6 Likes

Your squirrels are freaking adorable!

1 Like

Turkeys have been hanging around the yard a lot this week

10 Likes

What a beautiful hawk that stopped by to say hello. Sorry for the poor quality pics. Birdie was on top of my neighbors trailer and I had to zoom in on my phone. Not to mention all but the last 2 shots were through a window lol

I’m glad it’s gone though. I have a very pregnant squirrel up my tree and a little 7.1 lb chihuahua lol fly away and find some food elsewhere buddy.

20220827_182717

6 Likes

Raven ready for take off.

I tried to do the gif thingy you do but iPhone doesn’t have that option. But I was able to put the 3 pics into a video. So that was a cool learning experience. But I can’t post a video.
:pray::chipmunk::eagle::heart:

5 Likes

Love the ravens here. We didn’t have them back home. Super big, super smart.

1 Like

Super messy if your dumpster isn’t closed on trash day. :grimacing: They put a big scarlet sticker on your trash dumpster up here if your lid isn’t closed. Rightfully so.
They are pretty cool. And noisy.

2 Likes

I’ve got two ravens that live & nest in our silo. They are huge. Very smart. And like to torment the dog, and pigeons, crows, kitty etc :laughing:

2 Likes

You have dumpster shame stickers!! :joy:

Wish we did. Half the time people are too lazy to put their bag of rubbish into the actual dumpster. Leave it at the side and inevitably gets chewed open and strewn about.

2 Likes

Ya we do :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I thought it was a bit much until I saw all the Raven wreckage. Lot of rentals up here and people overflow the dumpsters when they got back down to the valley cuz they don’t give a shit. I couldn’t believe the mess those ravens make. They go to town

2 Likes

Very cool raven!

1 Like

This was in my basement today :laughing:
Had to strategically catch him to release outside

12 Likes

Freedom!! (Although he’ll probably try to come back in) :joy: Glad I got to him before the dog lol

9 Likes

Lizards! I still get so excited they live in our garden. This is my daughter’s hand, they had babies!

13 Likes

Well, Earl will need to be relocated. He chewed/created access hole into house in the breezeway. I hear him in the walls/attic lol. Hubby started with plugging with steel wool but Earl is relentless and very smart :laughing:
I’ve gotten hubby to agree to live-trap and relocate. Which is better than the alternative if had his choice :skull_and_crossbones: He has little tolerance for rodents/raccoons etc growing up on a farm. I hope Earl will do well in his new location! He’s been fun to watch.

10 Likes

Yeah. Your wall Earl pic from a couple weeks ago reminded me of my balcony squirrels.

It was cute when I moved in. But they’re getting way too comfortable with the seat cushions out there. Need to find a way to repel them. Thinking about predator spray.

Glad I checked in though, just saw how @Shaunda made her gifs. I never noticed that button!

1 Like

I think I made one using GIPHY!

Edit - yay it worked!

7 Likes

Neat! I’ve made gifs on my iPhone by putting a short video into WhatsApp and changing to gif :laughing:

2 Likes

And toads and frogs are some of my favorite wild critters. @Misokatsu I love love love lizards too and enjoyed seeing them when I lived in Arizona. My family in Kentucky gets them, too, but not where I live now. What a cutie! In AZ my favorites were the Horned Toads, which we called “horny toads” :sweat_smile: but they’re actually lizards shaped like toads.

4 Likes