Will sobriety make me a better person?

And what contains that emo sobriety?
Enlighten me with the wisdom of the GOAT

1 Like

For me, I didnt notice the changes right away but suddenly one day I woke up and realized I am a better mother, I am more fit because I am exercising and taking care of myself, I am more present, I have more energy and… man I am cooking up some amazing food!! I have a bucket list of recipes. It doesnt happen over night. It has taken me year of trying my ass off. I am still not perfect but I am a million times better than I was as a drug addict alcoholic. Take it one step at a time, each sober day is like a drop into an ocean of sober happiness.

3 Likes

Who said we are perfect? We learn to accept ourselves, good and bad. We are our worst critics. We don’t have the power to fix anything. We allow it to come to pass when we are ready for it. We utilize our defects as lessons and to help others. We keep it simple. Staying clean and sober is enough. You’re enough :heart:

4 Likes

Hands down yes brother. I have noticed in 44 days that I am way less selfish and get joy when I do things for others. I am way less angry with people,and myself. I can hold conversations without feeling like I need to be boozed up. I actually look forward to walking up each day, and appreciate the smallest things in lo life that I didn’t used to. I also notice I have reflected on the wrong things I did to people and my family and have true shame and guilt for it, which are not bad things to feel btw, bc you can use that to grow, and make amends. When I was drinking I would get loaded so I could bury away the shitty things I did and the shitty person I was. I dont even feel like the same person anymore, and the longer I dont drink the more of a positive change I will see. I have learned to forgive myself, strap on my shoes and fight this thing. It was so hard at first as you know, but it’s only getting easier and easier!!!

3 Likes

12 posts were split to a new topic: Horse thief fun

@NoMoGin-HERE2WIN @Napqueen50

Welcome to the community guys!! First time posters on my thread - fantastic to hear from you! :slight_smile:

I definitely have been using alcohol to block things out and not have to think about them. I think I was using to ‘relax’ but ‘relax’ actually meant blur my Mind and stop it from thinking. About everything. Both good and bad.

I’m on day 5 now. I’ve never done so much cooking!! My family has eaten so well these last few days lol :joy:

I feel better. But always the thought - can I keep this up?!

1 Like

keep comming :wink:
always
keep comming