Wine getting a habit

Hi guys I’m new here. I really need to stop drinking for my health and I want to. Its gone from fun to a need. I just wine every day. I know its gonna be hard because my husband drinks and is not gonna stop. Its the around 17.00h problem the 2 or 3 wines. But I’m determined to make it work with a little help from this app

10 Likes

Hi Lita, good for you for reaching out! Keep checking in, we’ve all got different stories but there’s one thing we have in common. We’re all here because we believe there is a better way and we will get there together, one day at a time :pray::sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Thank you, I will I will check in very regularly. I’m gonna need it

5 Likes

Hey @Lita :raising_hand_man: welcome!
Wine is my doc as well :sweat: it is hard but so worth it and you are among friends here.
Stay strong and check in regularly (there are always people here ready to chat and/Or give advice and support.
You’re not alone!

2 Likes

Thank you. That’s so good to know

Your making a great dession for your life . Keep coming on here and your get lots of help and support x

1 Like

My DOC was wine too (3liter bottle per day). Sick huh? Glad your here, this site really helps. It’s like being in group therapy sessions but online. Good luck in your recovery. :wink:

5 Likes

Thank you so much

Lita - I am Lya
Nice to meet you
Influence can be difficult but courage and determination is sheer bad ass when nothing gets in your way. Lean in here - hard. You will need it. Not going to sugar coat it - it is brutal. The mood swings and detox. Remember we understand. There is no shame or judgement here. Don’t be afraid of us. Infact be afraid and only give trust if we have proven we are trustworthy

3 Likes

Hi @Lita Welcome! My DOC was also alcohol every night around tea time. It’s an awful addiction. I am 58 day sober today and my life is so so so much better for it. Keep popping in here to read and post as much as you can, it’s a lovely friendly place :slight_smile: the folks on here are awesome! It’s got a really nice feel here. My advice is be kind to yourself. Make sure you have plenary of nice non alcoholic drinks in and nice bits to nibble on/yummy food in…You most probably will crave sugar a bit as there is tons in booze. I also made my environment as comfy as possible. Nice cuddly blankets, candles and lots of recovery books. Do you have any pets? I put a lot of my time now into snuggling up with my cat and my dog? It’s nice to meet you! I wish you all the very best! :two_hearts::pray:t2:

4 Likes

@Blondie1x Thank you so much Thats just it it starts as a nice time to have a glass of wine but then its more a must now. And I just want to stop it. If I buuy a bottle of wine I have to finish it. So i didnt buy any, but instead went to the cafe in my village and have 2 wines and go home. But it is still the need for it. We live in Spain where the weather is good most of the time so I walk a lot on sunday I walk th dogs from a local shelter. We have a lovely home so I will kick this habit out of the window with the support of this group.
xxx

3 Likes

It’s all about changing the habit. I would have either two cold beers/ciders whilst cooking dinner around 5 ish. Then open a bottle of wine and drink the lot after dinner. It got to the point where I was opening a second bottle and pouring a glass but not finishing it! The trouble with being alcohol dependent is that your levels will increase! As the books I am reading explaining bodies try and fight the booze so we start to need more and more to get the effect. The change is subtle and happens at different levels for different people but it’s a scientific fact that this is the case. You only need something terrible to happen in your life and you turn to it more and more. I have had a lot of bereavement over the last 16 years, the last one was 2 years ago my younger sister killed her self and left her two kids. That just messed me up and I was totally stuck! You are so doing the right thing tackling this now before you are drinking way more! Well done you lady! You should be proud of your self! You got this, we are here…message/post anytime :+1: x sober is amazing! It’s like waking up after a hazy dream/nightmare lol xxx​:pray:t2::two_hearts::ok_hand::raised_hands:t2:

2 Likes

Ahhh thank you. It is so true what you are saying, you need more every time . And if I have a bottle I have to drink it all. So this will be my first day without alcohol in a while but Iam determined to do this. I am so sorry about your sister that must have been so hard to deal with.
My life hasnt been easy before I got to know my husband but nothing compare to that…
Its great to have this group

2 Likes

It’s lovely that you’re here… :pray:t2::two_hearts: I look forward to maybe hearing more from you x

1 Like

@Blondie1x
Where are you from? When you said you have tea and little bits to nibble on it sounds like an accent from England. I’m from SC United States.

Hi @ReneeAnn! Good job on guessing where I’m at :hugs:…Yep I’m from England. I live in the Peak District in Derbyshire, right in the middle of the countryside :+1: its a lovely place but it rains ALOT :umbrella:… How’s your sober journey going? Xx

Your not all that far from where I live blondie, there’s quite a few of us North west UK,ers here now. :slightly_smiling_face:

I have noticed quite a few. @DarrenUK is only up the road from me :grinning: I love this forum! It’s such a lovely bunch of folks and the fact that there is some relatively local is brilliant! How long have you been on here? Xx

1 Like

140 days today I think our that’s how many days sober I have and I think I joined around day one, maybe day two. I’m about a ten minute drive from Glossop in tameside so close enough to Manchester city centre and not far from the stunning scenery up in the peak District. I could murder some of those cookies now. :joy::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You’re more than welcome to pop over but you better make it quick! Lol my lads will destroy the whole box in about 20 mins :face_with_hand_over_mouth::rofl: I will have to take out a few and hide them… it’s first come first served here, they’re animals! :woman_shrugging:t3::woman_facepalming:t3::rofl::rofl::rofl: I’m surprised you couldn’t smell them cooking, being just over ‘t hill :thinking::wink:x and congrats on 140 days, that’s fab! Well done you! I got quite a way to catch up with ya…I’m at 58 today x