Woke up today

Woke up about 30mins ago to learn about my drunken actions last night. They weren’t favorable. Everyone is fine and safe. And I didn’t get behind the wheel or anything, but still. I know there’s people that are at lower points, but this is my low point. Upon hearing about my actions last night, I stared at the ceiling for about 15mins. Then got up and dumped the remainder of all my alcohol down the drain, and then downloaded this app. While I was dumping the alcohol I said to myself “now you deal with the consequences from last night, and then it’s all uphill from there.” Hoping to confide in this community to make a positive life change.

34 Likes

Awesome job pouring that garbage down the drain :slight_smile: welcome to the community. Check in often

8 Likes

Welcome!!!

Good for you for this realization. I think we’ve all had that morning when we’ve woken up and said “I’ve had enough”.

This forum is a good place to be.

5 Likes

Hi @Crash. Proud of you for taking that first step forward. Welcome.

3 Likes

Ahh the drunk low points! I had one of those last summer, nothing too extravagant or risky, but i made a fool of myself! Everytime drink crosses my mind I revisit that evening and the craving becomes more manageable :smile:… I consider it to be a blessing in disguise… :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Yeah man, had a similar experience a few months back. No idea what the details were but I know they’re humiliating and blew my last chance with my girl… And that was it - swore off the booze. my behavior when I’m drunk is why she’s gone, my behavior that night is why she won’t talk to me now. I lost what I loved more than anything in this world, because of it. How can I go back to it? Well because I’m addicted. It’s not enough to just decide you hate it, you have to confront the addiction, or accept if you are actually addicted… That part I don’t know. It’s easy for someone who’s not an addict have a bad night and say that’s it I’m done, and boom they’re done. They’re the lucky ones. They ain’t me. I’m an alcoholic by every definition, and as much as I hate that night and how I felt about it the next morning, how it’s affected multiple relationships of mine, how I still feel about it, I still have cravings, I still want to drink, I still slip up, and it’s because that addiction is always working to convince you that your normal, that you can drink like a normal person - but you can’t… Cause you’re not. Accept it!!!
Welcome and good luck.

5 Likes

Welcome…good for you for starting a fresh day.

1 Like

We’ve all been there @Crash, if you stick to the sober path, the only way is up.

Welcome to the community.

1 Like

It all starts with that moment of realization that you’ve had enough… rock bottom is an awesome opportunity!

7 Likes

Hey Crash, you are definitely not alone, if only we could take back the angry words, the shame, the humiliation, how easy life would be, but alas we can’t, we have to accept the past mistakes and vow never to go there again. Start a new day, mind, body and spirit and as others have said, use what happened to remind yourself never to go back to being that person again, great motivator good luck :grinning:

3 Likes

When I poured the alcohol down the drain on tuesday, I felt really free. it felt so good to take positive action. Wishing you well on your journey.

2 Likes

That’s pretty much the worst feeling when we have no idea what happened and can’t piece together the night. Good luck on your new journey @Crash

1 Like

Welcome @Crash, glad you are here!

Welcome @Crash! I’m very glad you’re here. You did a courageous thing pouring out the alcohol. You did a smart thing by coming here. I’m proud of you!

1 Like

Congratulations on taking the first step. This app is great and the people on here are so wonderful and supportive. Just post in here often.

2 Likes

Here for you I can totally relate reach out anytime. I’m fairly new to this site and trying my best to navigate sonif im delayed I apologize from here. Take care and one day or second at a time :slight_smile:

Thanks for writing this. Needed to read this take care and keep in touch please

How is it going?

I’m proud of you!

Don’t hesitate to reach out for help, we’re here for you! :slightly_smiling_face:

Sky✨

2 Likes

So far so good!

1 Like