Women's hormonal roller-coaster

5 Likes

… Wearing white!! :scream:

21 Likes

Thank you, thank you for starting this thread!! I haven’t read all of the posts yet but will later while I am trying to soothe my raging cramps. I’m in perimenopause and things have taken an interesting turn. I’ve started to get a little more of a handle, but wow. I appreciate this s9 much and am definitely going to download Clue!!!

9 Likes

My period absolutely affects me. Relapses, sh, disordered eating all tend to occur pms time. I was much more stable pregnant and bf-ing too. My dr suggested it could be bad enough to be pre-menstrual dysphoric disorder, pmdd. My actual period is a relief, it is physically painful but I don’t feel emotionally nuts. I take a mood stabliser, which has a side effect of lactation. I genuinely feel like a different person. I can really tell if I accidentally don’t take it for a couple of doses.

9 Likes

I am also really glad this topic has been started! I have severe mood shifts and physical symptoms during the course of my cycle. I was told I most likely have pmdd. I take lexapro 10mg daily and it has been the glue for me that helps me hold it together. Noticing worsening symptoms too now at the age of 38… nervous about what my hormonal future will be like :roll_eyes: good to know we are all in it together :purple_heart: i use the app womanlog pro

7 Likes

@RosaCanDo

Mine started today… that’s why I am off the fucking wall right now.

It’s brutal even at 18 months I am heavy weight fighting urges to swill bottles of wine because of my cycle.

7 Likes

I can’t believe my biggest worry about surgery on Wednesday is when my period will actually start. Wtf. So wrong. Hang in there, amiga.

4 Likes

Hang in there sweet, it’s such a roller-coaster when it comes to hormones, I used for 18 years cover up symptoms so these last 2 years of getting some recvery behind has taught me to be mega mindful around menstrual date but each month the feelings and how I feel always side swipe me, I’ve just come on this morning so I’m hoping it will all ease off now. Have a blessed day lovely lady. :rose:

5 Likes

Thank you! There is an old thread that was helpful for me . I have to figure out how to link it here … got it :+1:

5 Likes

When I have urges to binge, it’s always a couple of days before my period. And well, sometimes I end up bingeing… Haven’t found a way to overcome this yet.

Except that, i’m really lucky, only have minor cramps on the first day that passes with a Tylenol.

4 Likes

I actually feel a pinch at the side. It lasts about 20 minutes. I always wonder what it is for a bit and then suddenly remember “oh yea!!”.

It isn’t painful. It’s only uncomfortable.

But honestly, I got a Mirena after my last child and it’s fantastic. I haven’t had a period in 15 years!! I still ovulate and do get mild hormonal changes but it’s a million times better. Mostly it’s my own head whispering lots of self doubt for a day or two.

3 Likes

I got Mirena too about a year ago. My period pains and diarrhea were getting out of control. It has helped but I still do get them. It’s just more tolerable now. The IUD comes with a massive box, which I didn’t know, so when my pharmacist brought it to me she quickly started reassuring me. I guess she saw my horrified look and got the gist. I was definitely having second thoughts about it briefly. The fucking way I’d be letting anyone insert a device the size of my arm (that’s how big the box was) up my vagina!!!

Obviously the IUD was a lot smaller than the box but the installation was still very very uncomfortable. Totally worth it tho!

6 Likes

Honesty I’m wondering if menopause will be better after the first onset cause I know in the beginning the symptoms are very difficult

2 Likes

Mhm during my DBT course I was able to track my self injuring and it was always most extreme around my cycle. The times I have relapsed in the last three years have been at my cycle.

I wonder what Women’s suicide rates are around their cycles too. I bet the number is high.

8 Likes

I’ve been irritable, snappy and short tempered today. “People are fucking idiots.” Was sorta wondering why and realised (at 6pm) that yeah, today is also the 1st day of my period. Feeling kinda slow LOL. I’m glad that my retired dad is very happy just to sit in silence and watch tele, haha.

5 Likes

Already today I am grateful for all your input, thoughts, feelings, experiences that you share. Helps me a lot to feel less alone, being okay on days to come when I feel shit.

:heart::pray:

9 Likes

Has anyone got any advice on herbal medicine for bloating and peri menopause. All advice or suggestion welcome

2 Likes

Check out the book I posted above…it is all about exactly that.

3 Likes

Me too!! I’ve gained 5 pounds in such a short number of days….I know it’s just bloating!! Is it summer heat or pre/peri menopause???

3 Likes

I believe its peri menapausol BC my mum started nhers early, heat what’s that I live in the UK lol its been raining all summer​:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes