Yoga chat 2023/2024

It’s that Time of the month

Today was back to a nice strong practice. I love working on my balance. Felt so good.

Today was an interesting mix. First an intermediate session, more on the short side, mixed with a bit of a short bodyweight workout.
I don’t feel as focused as I usually do after a longer yoga session, but my muscles feel nicely spent.

I’ve never tried yoga and would know where to start. I would really like to get into yoga… any suggestions?

My favourite yoga teachers on the net have this 7-day beginner yoga program, including movement, breathing exercises and meditation. Each one is about 30min long. It’s a very well rounded program with great positional cues and suggestions how to adapt poses to your needs.
Maybe this is a good fit for you.

1 Like

Please send a link and I will try it tonight after work :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Today was the last day of a three day strong yoga block. An hour long intermediate vinyassa flow.
My new mat arrived much earlier then expected, and it was a joy to practice on a non-sliding-mat for a change. Holding poses for several breaths is much more enjoyable, when I don’s slip all the time.
Tomorrow is going to be a recovery day: Yin style and meditation.

Was to tired yesterday to post, but did a very nice relaxing Yin practice.
Today was more of a workout, but a short one, followed by a 15min guided meditation. I’m not much of a fan of guided meditations. I usually do Vispassana style. But once in a while it’s ok.

1 Like

After 6 weeks or so…
Of not realy being able to,
I found my way back to the mat
with this today.

Ouh how much I need Yoga.
Hope to come back into regular practice :purple_heart::cherry_blossom:

1 Like

Again on the mat for today

2 Likes

Wanted to do a nice long yin yoga sequence but instead improvised a quick routine I made up on the go.

2 Likes

Back again.
Gentle practice.
Love it.
My flexibility isn’t like before.
But that’s were I am.
Practice will bring me back.
Or somewhere else :purple_heart::cherry_blossom:

2 Likes

One hour Yin. Had the weirdest heat waves and cravings throughout. Feeling sooo good after it.

2 Likes

I joined a yoga studio 7 months ago and I can go to as many classes during the day as I like for a flat fee. I’ve been aiming for four or five hour long classes a week. I’m definitely feeling the benefit。

3 Likes

Oh that sounds luxurious :sunglasses: Which are your favourite classes?

1 Like

I like the vinyasa flow class and also the chair yoga. I went into the chair yoga expecting it to be primarily about low mobility but it’s more about using the chair as a prop to get into some really deep poses. For example, I can do a wheel with the chair but I would never attempt in the floor based class.

2 Likes

Little 10 minute morning practice again today :woman_in_lotus_position:

2 Likes

Tuesday’s I attend a relaxing 75 minute restorative, which is very yin-y. Great instructor and class. Helps my brain slow down and I get a wonderful stretch. She is adding another on Friday’s soon and I am super excited. :woman_in_lotus_position:

1 Like

Did a slow flow before lunch. It was good, I really like the teachers that have been added to my virtual workout app. The doctor said yoga is good for the back so as much as I’m not a fan, it will be making a regular appearance in my weekly routine. I have gotten in 2 sessions this week. I think the vinyasa one is my favorite kind so far.

2 Likes

Did a nice long vinyasa flow with breathwork and meditation. Love these long sessions

1 Like