Yoga group

This looks yummy. :blush::pray: Due to my diabetes I have other issues that are connected to carbs so I have to balance this quite a bit.

1 Like

I’m not vegan but that looks good :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I am type 1 diabetic for 23 years now.

1 Like

I’ve been dipping my toes back in Kundalini after a long break. I really miss the benefits I was receiving from a daily practice so I’m going to post here for some accountability for a bit.
Today’s class was physically and mentally uncomfortable but I know that’s just how it goes in the beginning.

I set up a little space in this new room I’ve moved to that I’ve been struggling to call home. Making this corner mine has been helpful. Soothing even.

Can I just say how much I miss the energy of an in-person class. I’m not normally much for people or groups but wow do I miss this. I fell away from yoga when Covid cancelled classes but at this point it’s like, when will it even be safe to go back? At home is better than nothing.

9 Likes

Beautiful peaceful spot. :heart:

1 Like

That looks cozy! I like my yoga routine at home. Doing it more regularly since covid. Not the normal 90 min class, shorter but almost every day and it really helps me to focus.

2 Likes

Oooh! So beautiful!! :heart_eyes:
I am with you on missing the in person classes. Lately Ive barely been making it to savasana because my mind wanders and I get distracted. I am gonna try to do 3 days a week instead of 7 and aim for quality over quantity and really focus.

I need to make a pretty spot like yours! Maybe that would help. :heart:

4 Likes

Aw, thank you :heart:
I’ve never really thought having a nice spot was necessary for yoga but it’s been a huge help in getting into a good mindset for my practice.
I like the idea of switching to 3 days if that feels more supportive for you. I definitely felt it was easier to stay focused during in-person classes. In that way, home yoga is teaching me a lot about myself. No shame in feeling distracted though.

5 Likes

I’m so glad you’ve found what works for you. I do like that there’s so much freedom and choice in a home practice for sure.

2 Likes

I’m going to try for once a week, which would be more than the none a week I am currently doing! At the moment I am building a morning routine of meditation and work for a few hours Monday to Thursday, then meditation, yoga and therapy on a Friday. Although maybe I should schedule in the yoga for after therapy so I’m not too chilled out for my therapy session :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I was dreading Nabhi Kriya today but I haven’t lost too much strength since I was practicing regularly. I was struggling to get on the mat so I put on the album “Game of Chants” in the background so I could enjoy beautiful Seal singing Kundalini chants to me during the class.
It really helped. Another plus of at-home yoga :blush:

3 Likes

It was such a high for me. I’m sure it’s not gone forever but we are nowhere close to going back at this point. So many studios closing their doors permanently around me too which is heartbreaking to see.

2 Likes

I love that. I don’t think I trust myself enough to not have guidance, it always feels like I’ve missed something. I do like sitting and just chanting for 10 minutes if my mind is too busy for a quiet meditation.
I like the 50 people classes cause I felt like I could be part of something but also just disappear in the middle.
My Kundalini classes were always much smaller. I’d get all confident in my chanting and then fuck it up or miss a cue to stop :joy: The last few months I practiced though I just felt so supported there it was hard to feel insecure in that room. Sigh, really miss those peeps.

2 Likes

I have been really lucky that my studio continues to offer classes via zoom. It’s a limited schedule, with only a few a day, but I know the 8 am class will always work for me.
I have never been to a normal yoga class at a normal studio, though. Mine is geared towards older people and pain management, which is great with all the injuries I have from all those years of being a sloppy drunk. I’ve also done the Beachbody Piyo program a couple times. (You’ve seen the infomercial if you are in the US, probably) and obviously ive done some YWA
I would like to try some of the different kinds, but have no idea where to even start.

1 Like

Opportunity & Green Energy Kriya*
Heart opening kriyas are always a challenge when I’m feeling unsettled. Might do this again tonight to see what else comes up.

I’ve been contemplating starting a 40 day sadhana for awhile now. In Kundalini they recommend you choose one kriya to repeat for 40/90/120/or1000 days to get the most benefits from it. I feel like this would be a great opportunity to learn more about myself as well.

By our habits, we live in peace and happiness. By our habits, we create misery and pain. When we change our habits, everything around us can change.

1 Like

I found Kundalini by attending my cousin’s graduation as a kundalini instructor. That day the audience was welcomed to chant with the graduating students and I’ll never forget how powerful it felt. The energy stirred up in me brought tears to my eyes. That was 5 years ago and I never attended any classes until I got sober last year and found 2 studios offering free Kundalini classes near me. Felt very “I’m supposed to be here” at the time. But still, I haven’t really explored other styles beyond this and I’m often feeling like I don’t know where to start.

https://yogainternational.com
Is something I’ve thought about joining. They often offer free 30 day trials and their library has a ton of pre-recorded classes in all different styles.

1 Like

I will look into it when I get back from my cat sitting drop by this morning.
I should have left my house 30 minutes ago to make it back before the 8 am class. :joy: ok, so maybe the 8 am class doesn’t always work for me.

1 Like

Ha, I Know those mornings! Hope you didn’t feel too pressured the rest of your day.

1 Like

Today’s practice was rough physically. It didn’t help that I was up at 2 am and couldn’t get back to sleep. Not looking forward to the rest of today.
I used this for shavasana this morning.

May the long time sun
Shine upon you
All love surround you
And the pure light
Within you
Guide your way on
Guide your way on

4 Likes

Luckily all I have going on in my life is pet sitting and whatever hobbies or activities I feel like doing. I practiced my ukulele and worked on a quilt. Did a little mid day YWA stretch.

2 Likes