You are getting old when

When I was a kid, my Dad kept a 2x4 next to the TV for this purpose.

In black sharpie marker, he scrawled “TV Repair Kit” on the side of it. Wish he had kept it!

3 Likes

Omg. Mike tyson’s punch out was the worst offender for my brother and I! Forgot about that lol

2 Likes

When you are watching Gremlins on tv…and realize…the last time you watched it was in the theater…

2 Likes

Screenshot_20181227-121351_Pinterest

5 Likes

Screenshot_20181227-121330_Pinterest

1 Like

My mom says this every day!!

9 Likes

Your my son watches old disney movies and asks if I had ever seen them! Ha, like yea son!

1 Like

I recently taught a guest class at a university in Manchester and a student said ’ you taught my dad.’ That was the oldest I have ever felt in my life. I’m never going back there again! :joy:

9 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: that’s great

Chocolate Eclairs sat in the window of Tim Hortons. But they looked too fancy and expensive for a kid.

1 Like

I was thinking grey pubes, too. Mortifying.

2 Likes

My 15yo daughter asked me if my wife and I met through internet dating. I replied, “ummm, the internet didn’t exist when we started dating.” Her response, “really, I thought it was invented in the 1800’s”. Yeah right.

And I learned to type on an actual typewriter (non-lectric)

And I took a data processing class in high school that utilized punch cards.

AND… Everything aches! :rofl:

7 Likes

When you need to lighten your hair color to make the grey less noticible.
When you see a 16/17 year old driving and think “how is that kid old enough to drive?”
When you hear popular music and think “what is this crap? That’s not music”
When you go into a clothing store and think everything is so ugly.

3 Likes

My husband wanted me to cut out his ingrown toe nails. Absolutely not pal. I’ll drive him to the podiatrist. Gotta have boundaries in relationships.

4 Likes

When you make the mistake of trying on a pair of skinny jeans and nearly break a rib trying to get the bloody things off in the shop changing room. (I almost had to get the guy in the shop to come and help me.) What the hell was I thinking!!!?

3 Likes

I just realized that “The Matrix” is twenty years old!! :sunglasses::exploding_head:

1 Like

When I talk about my childhood which feels like yesterday, in reality it is almost half a century ago. Glad I don’t have kids, grandkids consequently. I like the feeling of being like a kid sometimes.

When u watch the golden globe awards and you and your wife comment on how old Viggo Mortenson got. When in reality, the 2 of us have aged 15 years since LOTR too😉

2 Likes

When you get excited hearing 80s songs on the radio because of nostalgia…then you start counting back how many years ago it was. Ugh

1 Like

When you finish folding a load of laundry and can’t get up off the floor!! I need to get a table for folding laundry.