You are getting old when

Yes. They would basically form fit you foot, or so that was the idea. I thought they made me jump higher… I harken back on those days like Uncle Rico harkening back on his football days :rofl::joy:

Those and LA Gear lightups … You were not cool unless u owned a pair…

3 Likes

I remember all those… I remember having Eastbay mags

You can get an original Nintendo at Frys right now for 60$ bucks. Has 6 games… No robot tho

3 Likes

LA Gear light ups, had those too. Man I’ve forgotten more things than I thought. Guess that’s a sign right there, huh?

1 Like

Oh yeah. Il never forget the first time I beat it and the helmet came off the soldier… It was a girl!!!

2 Likes

Right?! I do remember that and telling my friends at school the next day. Our little 8-9 yr old minds were blown, lol

Contra!!! Unlimited!!

2 Likes

It’s widespread, and is even an Easter egg in some modern games, it’s called the Konami code I believe, if you want to Google it.

1 Like

Quite correct! It is known as the Konami code. Check the Wikipedia article for a list of modern games that have it.

Those old Nintendo controllers would put blisters on your hands.

3 Likes

When you can’t remember how much your first bottle of cheap wine cost

1 Like

A day at the office… cleaning up some old papers :grinning:
Word Perfect: a course with future perspective

3 Likes

Every morning when I wake up it’s a reminder that I’m getting old!! The few moments of wobbling and stumbling until I get my feet under me again. Oy. At least I don’t have the back pain like I did a year ago!!

Oh yes, back pain :rofl::expressionless:

Smacking the side of your tv fixed the picture

11 Likes

Give it the ol’ fonzie touch… When tv’s had PULL knobs not PUSH buttons…:wink: i had a blk and white tv as a kid…

4 Likes

When you say “life was so much easier before cellphones”

5 Likes

You mean when you would talk to someone about having coffee together, and they had to commit and show up for things instead of cancelling via text at the last minute?

2 Likes

It was! I miss those times :pensive:

1 Like