You are missed #3

Just saw this stuff today Mike I hope youā€™re pulling out of it. A better easier time to get clean will never come, itā€™ll only get harder, maybe even not possible. Just stay sober today, if itā€™s too late then dump and flush what you have and start now. Iā€™m pulling for you man, always have been.

4 Likes

So whatā€™s it gonna be?

The best day to start was yesterday. The 2nd best day to start is today.
I would say 3rd best day to start is tomorrow, but tomorrow is never a guarantee.

4 Likes

For sure Iā€™m on day two. Scheduled appointment on may tenth with st Joeā€™s addiction treatment center just picking myself up

25 Likes

Good work. Eyes on the prize.

Cravings, emotions, bad days, and shit luck are all temporary things. Remember thatā€¦and just because you think something negative doesnā€™t make it true.
Sometimes the shit comes one storm after the other too, but the sun always gets through the clouds eventually. Could be over the course of a morning, could be over the course of months. However we endure the stormy days for however long it takes because that sunshine will come and itā€™s all the more sweeter knowing we got to it cleanly and honestly. That we fought for it.

Beauty of it - the longer you fight and keep winning, the less power those clouds have over you. Eventually you laugh at them. Eventually clouds ainā€™t shit.

You had a year before, give or take. You can do it again if you want.
Even better, you could do it again, pass that mark, and then smash that original streak to pieces like a goddamn boss.

You have the ability, and the will is there, just as the tools are that you learned last time. Put 'em all together and have at it.

8 Likes

Hi Jesile :yellow_heart: Iā€™m still here 220 days sober today. Just very busy life right now and doing some traveling. Thank you for thinking of me :kissing_heart:

11 Likes

Good call Mike :+1:

Hereā€™s some motivation for you:

4 Likes

Yeah, but thatā€™s easy. Their legs are still in the ground :see_no_evil::crazy_face::muscle:

1 Like

Iā€™m so happy to read this! I pray for you and send strength and good vibes @anon53116147 :hugs::orange_heart::pray:

4 Likes

How bout @Girlinterrupted?
Anyone seen her or talked to her?
I hope sheā€™s doing good.

12 Likes

Thatā€™s so good hear! Congrats on 220 days! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

@CATMANCAM hope you are still around

15 Likes

@TeejLazer havenā€™t seen you in a while, hope youā€™re doing well! Your last post you were hoping for bands and performances to open back up - any luck on that?

7 Likes

@MrCade hope youā€™re doing well!

11 Likes

@apes2020, I miss your updates.

7 Likes

Thanks for the love. I just recently started posting. Iā€™m doing ok. ODAAT. Thanks again for reaching outšŸ™‚

1 Like

She did check in in the pets thread,

She said she was taking a break from the forum for a bit. She is doing well though,

Do miss her though sheā€™s a great friend

5 Likes

Day 1288
Iā€™m doing very well. Iā€™ve been working steadily since I got back and actually started a new job about 3 weeks ago that has taken all of my focus.

I know, I know. Moderationā€¦ Health comes first. But Iā€™m really loving it and quite proud to be a part of it. Itā€™s only until the end of July.

The parole unit stepped me down to one visit/drug screen per month; which is terrific and if I keep my nose clean Iā€™ll be off parole a full year early (next February)

Things at home are good, albeit challenging. This is just a very busy time for us both. We know that and we take that into account when things get complicated.

Sounds cheesy but I really have a new lease on life and although many things look the same EVERYTHING is completely different now.
Itā€™s beautiful and I love it.

31 Likes

Iā€™ve messaged with her recently. She is super dooper busy lately but well and hopes to find some time to return to the forum soon :heartpulse:

9 Likes

Good to know! Thanks!

1 Like

Hey!!!

So, yeah, band stuff. Well, one band played our first show on 8/14/21. The other band I was playing with is, to this day, still inactive. Nothing since 2/28/20.

I actually quit both bands mid-December 2021. Playing music has always been a love of mine, but had gotten to a point where it wasnā€™t bringing much joy. I had hoped that would change with the August show, but it just felt like work, and despite getting great feedback and people really loving us, it just wasnā€™t for me.

Still friends with all of the guys, no bad blood, I just had to be honest with them, and more importantly myself.

Still lifting, and most importantly, still sober!

24 Likes