You are missed #3

Well hey friends!

A sweet @eke told me that some of my favorite people were talking here, and I came to say hi. I’m in bed with a stomach bug, so seeing all your messages is a huge treat. @Yoda-Stevie, @Englishd, @SinceIAwoke, @SassyRocks …. I love y’all so much and and so glad to see your words again!

Other than being sick right now, I’m doing really well. Back in the schools, counseling kiddos. My own boys and my husband are great. Above all grateful to still be sober. :heart:

Thanks for the shout outs, y’all. Made my day!

29 Likes

Awww…sorry about that tummy bug. I hope all your fellas are taking care of you. Love and miss you!! :heart::people_hugging::heart:

6 Likes

Thanks for the update, you know how we worry when someone goes quiet for awhile. You’re doing good work, so thank you for that!

5 Likes

So nice to read your check-in. Hope the bug passes quickly, and you get back to having the world on a string, sitting on a rainbow!

5 Likes

So happy to hear that you’re doing well and keeping your boys going!

4 Likes

Sarah
@Clarity
Thinking of you. I Hope you and the baby and family are doing well. Hopefully you’re having some wonderful baby smiles and giggles and more. :pray:t2::heart:

7 Likes

@Jftself thinking of you friend, I hope everything is okay but just incase it isn’t know we are always here for you just reach out :people_hugging:

5 Likes

@michaeljlogan74 how are you ? Haven’t seen you around. Hope all is well :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

@Planipennia Hi, hope you are well and things are okay ?
I havent seen you post for a long time :hugs:

3 Likes

Hello @Twizzlers!

Thanks for reaching out. I’m still very busy with job training. I’ve to learn to work with enterprise databases and programming again, besides the regular work. So time is really sparse at the moment.:pensive:

I hope you’re doing fine?:grinning:

4 Likes

Hi @Twizzlers :heart:
I am so grateful for you and even remembering me. Thank you so much for reaching out. Ok, long story short. In June, I took a CEO job in Los Angeles California. My wife and kids stayed In Michigan to finish up school. The plan was that they would move out to California after graduation. I was very lonely and depressed. I drank. In November I had a manic episode and completely fell apart. I quit the job, got in my car and came back to Michigan. The day I arrived, my wife was scared of me because I was so f@&ked up. I ended up in a psychiatric hospital for two months. I suffer from severe depression and anxiety. The week after discharge I went on a 5-day drinking bender. I was so drunk that my wife brought me to the ER and I was Re admitted to the psychiatric hospital. Because of my alcoholism and mental illness, my wife has left me and I’m currently unemployed, living alone in an apartment.

I don’t want to feel sorry for myself. I’m sick of being depressed. I’m attending AA meetings daily, going to therapy and trying to practice self love and self care. I’m also immersed into the AA community. I’ve applied for jobs and have had a few interviews. I’m on speaking terms with my wife, but my children have been hurt and refuse to speak with me. I’m taking it one day at a time. Life is so hard.

I’m finally back into a mental state that I will Re engage with our community. Thank you @Twizzlers for caring about me. I need support.

23 Likes

@SarahJ
Your art and humour always made my day.
Go well.

5 Likes

@MewilHoward

Bring back the 'Vette!

4 Likes

I’m good thank you :blush:

I’m glad you’re okay, and things are going well for you.
Stay in touch :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Give them some time, I’m sure they will forgive you in time.
It sure sounds like you have been through so much, but despite all of it you are trying hard, going to meetings and receiving help. Your doing the right thing.

I’m glad you are back, stick around you know there is plenty of support here for you.
It’s nice you see you here :people_hugging:

6 Likes

Hey man! You are on the right path, and you will be amazed at how true The Promises will ring true for you as you continue on in recovery. Thanks for checking in.

3 Likes

Hi @Butterflymoonwoman -

I am so grateful for you and even remembering me. Thank you so much for reaching out. Ok, long story short. In June, I took a CEO job in Los Angeles California. My wife and kids stayed In Michigan to finish up school. The plan was that they would move out to California after graduation. I was very lonely and depressed. I drank. In November I had a manic episode and completely fell apart. I quit the job, got in my car and came back to Michigan. The day I arrived, my wife was scared of me because I was so f@&ked up. I ended up in a psychiatric hospital for two months. I suffer from severe depression and anxiety. The week after discharge I went on a 5-day drinking bender. I was so drunk that my wife brought me to the ER and I was Re admitted to the psychiatric hospital. Because of my alcoholism and mental illness, my wife has left me and I’m currently unemployed, living alone in an apartment.

I don’t want to feel sorry for myself. I’m sick of being depressed. I’m attending AA meetings daily, going to therapy and trying to practice self love and self care. I’m also immersed into the AA community. I’ve applied for jobs and have had a few interviews. I’m on speaking terms with my wife, but my children have been hurt and refuse to speak with me. I’m taking it one day at a time. Life is so hard.

I’m finally back into a mental state that I will Re engage with our community. I really appreciate you so much.

5 Likes

It’s good to hear from you :people_hugging:

2 Likes

Oh….so nice of you to provide support :blush:
I’m going to read a few pages in the Big Book and attend my Tuesday night AA meeting. I’m looking forward to it!

4 Likes

Ouf. That is a lot. I wish you the best and I hope you’d get all the support you need. Along with it, I hope you’d find some peace and comfort. One day at a time…

6 Likes