You are missed #4

Great to see you Martha. :people_hugging:

2 Likes

@SelfLove_42
Hey E - how are you doing? Hopefully weā€™ll and enjoying your vacation. ( Think it was coming up around now)

2 Likes

Hey @Marlowe. How you doing Rob? You still around?

3 Likes

@RobZombie and @SleeplessMoonlight

Wishing you both all the best this New Year. Hope youā€™re both doing well.

5 Likes

Hello @Daniellegurl havenā€™t seen you on your thread in quite a while.
Wishing you all the best and a happy New Year.
Hope youā€™re doing well :pray:

3 Likes

@Nursewrachett how are you doing? Havenā€™t seen you in a while. Hope you are well :people_hugging:

3 Likes

Hi there :hugs:
Iā€™m still alive and kicking! Thanks for thinking of me :grin:
Due to the nature of my addiction Iā€™ve decided to follow a path that canā€™t be considered sobriety. Since I have great respect and admiration for the people and the community, Iā€™ve decided not to share anything about my path. I donā€™t want anyone with a substance addiction following my path since physically itā€™s usually a lot more painful than my technology addiction and potentially lethal.
Though, I must say, I miss this place. It gets lonely out thereā€¦

15 Likes

I know that dutchie there

Stay strong

Nice to hear from you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just incase you donā€™t recognize me

Its matt
The man behind the stickman figure in my old profile pic lol

3 Likes

I respect your decision, Jan. Blessings on your house :pray:.

3 Likes

Hi Rosa :wave:
At the moment Iā€™m doing pretty good :grin:
Though Iā€™ve really started to hate my manager again :sweat_smile: For some reason, I always have manipulative unprofessional managers :unamused:
Iā€™ve started working with the professional help, though I am quite a disasterā€¦ She, nor her colleagues knows what to do with my inability to just brush my teeth :grimacing:
Iā€™ve started working with my dad, which is interesting to say the leastā€¦ He denies the years of abuse, doesnā€™t believe everyone from our family is traumatized, doesnā€™t believe I have ADHD nor autism, is extremely right wing (which is not by definition a bad thing, simply the complete opposite of me, so dont go make this political yā€™all) and straight up dumbā€¦ Itā€™s a hoot and a half :joy:
Luckily I know my struggles and I know they are real, so it doesnā€™t affect me too much. But, obviously my family isnā€™t exactly excited that Iā€™m working with himā€¦
And like a alluded to in my last reply, Iā€™m getting lonely. Iā€™ve been on dating apps for 2 months now and so far only one person actually chatted with me, so that wasnā€™t too great for my ego.
My coworkers are very chatty with me at work, but they never invite me to their parties.
I donā€™t do much social outside of work since I donā€™t know where to start.
Itā€™s really been hurting my self esteem to be honest. I thought putting myself out there would be a good thing. But instead it has done more harm than good. I know Iā€™m boring to be around until I get out of my comfort zone, but damn, no one even gives me a change to get out of my shell :unamused:
To be honest, Iā€™m not doing pretty good, I think Iā€™m heading towards a new depression.
Oh, and I donā€™t have a lot of people to talk to which you probably noticed from that info dump :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Of course I remember you Matt! Great to see you :grin:
How are you doing? Are you staying off the devilā€™s grass and avoiding the bad influences in your life?

5 Likes

Thanks Dan, I appreciate that :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yes sir

My circle is small but strong

The devils lettuse is over-rated
No fun

243 days no alcohol
13 days no weed
174 no vapes or ciggs

5 Likes

Can you maybe just interact with others here to support your mental health?

4 Likes

I could, but I donā€™t want to unintentionally influence newly sober folks to think they can live in active addiction.

Potentially triggering text

If I somehow found out someone relapsed after reading me talking about how my life is legitimately better in active addiction than in recovery, it would mess me up for a long time.

I donā€™t want to take that risk for me nor do I want to take that risk for them.
Iā€™d rather suffer in silence then be a burden, one of my greatest defects.

2 Likes

Hello. Thank you for wondering about mešŸ˜. Iā€™m doing ok I guess. I just havenā€™t been very active lately.

8 Likes

Good to hear from you! Been missing pictures of your ā€œofficeā€, not to mention your canine colleague. :wink:
Hope all is well in your world. :orange_heart:

6 Likes

Thank you. I get the winter time blues and havenā€™t been in much of a mood for pictures. Itā€™s that time of year when my work is cold and miserable and I try not to go. I donā€™t ski or snowboard so my mountain fun is shut down till spring and my dog is pissed at me for it. My program got all screwed up for a while and was doing more harm than good. I made some major changes to that with my therapist so hopefully I wonā€™t struggle so much.
I do appreciate being called out for hiding away. I have a bad habit of disappearing when my brains feel broken. I love this community and you guys are my friends so I will try not to isolate from here.
No matter how tough the struggle I will not stop fighting and I still own every second of my clean time.
524 days no booze
142 days no tobacco
Thanks again my friends for thinking of me and Iā€™m happy to be back.

15 Likes

Great to see you Curtis! I totally understand those winter bluesā€¦ glad you are going to try to keep checking and working with your therapist to make some changes.
We missed you and looking forward to seeing you around :hugs:

3 Likes