You are missed #4

So great to hear from you!! Congratulations on your 4.5 years!! Those days add up!!!

2 Likes

@ifs I think of you often. I hope you are well and healing. :people_hugging::heart:

17 Likes

Hellloo Jazz!! :heart: Happy Holidays :blush: STILL SOBER!! 162 days, these last 5 months have been life changing, truly. Learned to golf :golf: lol so I always have something to do and have been going to an AA like program. We just got back fron London for my daughterā€™s 13th birthday. I canā€™t believe how my life has changed :face_holding_back_tears: hello @Starlight14 hope you are well too!!! :heart: just getting through the first 6 weeks Iā€™d never imagine Iā€™d be here. Last thing left is my cigarettes :sob::sob::sob: but, thatā€™s another beast.

22 Likes

Omg girl you are radiant! Love your sober journey. So thrilled for you and grateful you are going strong.
Thank you for reaching out and updating usā€¦much love to you Roxanne :heart:

5 Likes

Wow, ive got a lump in my throat reading this :face_holding_back_tears: im so happy for you and so proud of you, look how beautiful and happy you both are, my love to you both :heart:

5 Likes

So great to see you Roxanne :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Congratulations on all your successes.

4 Likes

My dad grabbed me a beer without thinking and I put it aside but, FOR ONE SECOND I wanted to just taste it but gave it to my brother. It let me know the alcoholic is STILL here :pensive::broken_heart: sheā€™ll never go away so donā€™t feed her ass. I decided to opt out of all holiday parties this year and have no guilt or second thoughts on it. My family and friends love to party :partying_face: Iā€™m just not there. Iā€™d rather be alone these days or with my girl. Iā€™m seeing her in a new light and have so much love for her. I canā€™t believe how much time was taken from us because of my addiction. I will forever be grateful for you and @JazzyS :face_holding_back_tears::heartbeat::heartbeat:

13 Likes

Thank you so much!!! I never thought life could be so fulfilling sober and even when Iā€™m angry or scared I know itā€™ll work out. I miss some old hangs and drinking buddies but, itā€™s not worth my sobriety. No DUIs, no escalated fights, no hangovers, I remember the nights and days!! Itā€™s beautiful :face_holding_back_tears::heartbeat:

7 Likes

Its an ongoing journey Roxanne, its great that you know your limits and are vigilant ā€¦i found the same as i went along that sober life far outweighs any drink thats offered, we will never be cured but that doesnt mean we cant have a happy and fulfilling life, i love what you said about seeing your daughter in a new light and im sure she sees a new light with you too, its beautiful to see and read, im so happy and proud for you, much love :heart: :people_hugging:

4 Likes

This is pure Gold.
Good for you.
:pray:t2::heart:

5 Likes

So much love. My angels :face_holding_back_tears::heartbeat: I just re-read my first post and Iā€™m crying. It seemed all so hopeless. I remember the feeling so well. When you shared your story I knew I wasnā€™t alone. Now, I love the womenā€™s groups especially the moms groups because itā€™s horrific, funny, and just a brutally honest take on motherhood as an alcoholic mom. But, soo helpful. Sheā€™s my light :sparkles: and once you see the light you canā€™t look away. Weā€™re both deserving of love and peace. Sooo much love Iā€™m sending your way. 2023 will always be a special year for me. I still listen to Allen Carr too as background noise cooking or cleaning. It helps to constantly hear it :heart:

6 Likes

Its never hopeless never, its you thats done all the work ā€¦Jazz and i just helped to steer you in the right direction thats what this site is for, its a beautiful thingā€¦it makes my heart sing to read how well your doing and that ive had the privilege to be a small part of it. My daughter is my light too, its amazing to see the changes in them once we are sober moms, as you say we all deserve no less, its stopping one thing to gain back everything and more.

I still give Allen a listen sometimes too :blush:

Im grateful that you came back to share your story and how well your life is going, thank you, and thank you for love its gratefully recieved, right back at you lovely lady :blush: :heart: :people_hugging:

3 Likes

WOW - so very proud of you Roxanne! That addict voice is forever waiting for its chance to be heard. grateful that you were alert and on guard.
I do love that you and your daughter are bonding in a whole new way. Sobriety really does look good on you :hugs:

2 Likes

This is the way! Understanding your needs and boundaries and respecting them. Youā€™re doing all the right things :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Beautiful post, thank you for sharing!!

1 Like

@Jftself @Bones_80 @Bluekoolaid @SadMemeQueen
How are you all doing ?

13 Likes

hey thanks for thinking of me will do a check in now

6 Likes

Still plodding along :joy: just getting ready to move so been very busy was in hospital for 3 weeks again the the other mth :weary:

They might be draining the cyst at some point as been in more pain and non stop :face_vomiting:

Still sober tro :muscle: how was your Xmas

4 Likes

@Tito23 wya, bro?

6 Likes

@anon84358113
@Binx
@Billy85
@Mossy91
@Dmcg1987
@Hidden
@Catmama23
@CueBall8n9

Just thinking of you all and hoping all is well with you during this holiday season :people_hugging:

12 Likes