YOU GUYS! I’m back!

I am SO excited to be posting this! I left the gates of WCCW on Thursday and have been staying at a re-entry center in Seattle. It still doesn’t seem real, but it seems so far away at the same time. The end stretch of my incarceration went as smoothly as it could. I worked as a south sound prairie conservation technician- I got to raise endangered plants to restore our natural prairie habitats. So rewarding. @blaPsplaT got to feed me sushi and I’ve just been acclimating so far. I can’t leave the premises, but I can still see the big city all around me (with no razor wire!). This week I get to go out into the big bad world and go to the bank and to get a bus pass. I’m anxious, but SO excited. I can see and hear the city around me and I’m ready. I need to start work if anyone is in the Seattle area and has a lead. I’ll also start treatment and therapy again here soon.
I am thrilled to be able to finally check in again. Thanks for having me back.

57 Likes

25 Likes

Yay!!! Welcome back!

6 Likes

26 Likes

It’s so great to read this tonight. Welcome back and congrats on getting through that and coming out the other side. Best wishes to you and your fabulous future. It awaits you for sure.

6 Likes

Alrighty!
Welcome back. Plenty of free seats available so get comfy

8 Likes

Welcome back!!! Wow, sounds like you had as good as possible processing working with plants b4 reentry…that is pretty cool. :people_hugging::heart::people_hugging:

6 Likes

It’s nice to see you back Knives.
So glad you are out.

I got to admit. Every time someone writes a new thread “I’m back,” I always wonder if it’s you. And tonight was no exception. And it is you.
Good luck out there.
I’m happy you’re back.
:pray:t2::heart:

8 Likes

Wow, amazing to see an old name back here!
Glad you have made it through :raised_hands:

6 Likes

Welcome back :smiley: Happy to see the positivity! Keep it up! Good luck with everything :heart:

5 Likes

Glad you’re back @Knives69

Hope to keep seeing you post often. Seattle is one of my favorite places. I hope you’re able to get therapy going soon.

5 Likes

Great to see you, welcome back!!!

9 Likes

Welcome back!!! It’s so nice to read a post from you and see you free :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Congratulations @Knives69 ! Glad you have that behind you! Fascinating what you worked with… the conservation! Best wishes for each day going forward!

5 Likes

Welcome back Knives.

5 Likes

Welcome back! :raising_hand_woman:
What a luck to have had such rewarding work to do in such a difficult surrounding :seedling:
Glad you haven’t forgot us

5 Likes

Welcome back @Knives69, I was l just asking about you the other day, and here you are!

5 Likes

:’) so nice to hear that I was thought of. It seems so isolating in there, out of touch with everything and everyone. I’ve never felt anything less than supported here with you all and we’re not allowed social media on our phones here at work release, but the CCO says this is fine, for which I was very grateful. I’ll be here for 5 more months, and then I’ll get to go home on an ankle monitor for five more months. Slowly but surely…

26 Likes

Omg, Knives!!! Welcome back, it’s so good to see you posting here and slowly regaining your freedom. :heart:

6 Likes

Wow! Knives is back! Yay! I can hear the excitement of freedom in your post.
I thought about you often and had your thread on “watching” in hopes of getting updates and sure enough thanks to @blaPsplaT and @Matt there were a few along the way.

7 Likes