YOU GUYS! I’m back!

How are your classes going @Knives69?

5 Likes

Same here! I remember you Knives, and am glad to see you back, even though I’m a little late to the party. Look forward to seeing you around.

4 Likes

So great to read your update! What classes are you taking? Conservation work sounds excellent, I know it is a competitive job market in the UK. Hope the job hunt is going OK and life is treating you well :heart_hands:

3 Likes

Ah! Sorry I’ve been gone! I finished off spring quarter with a 3.9 GPA. I took English 101, general psychology and American Indigenous studies (which was my favorite). This quarter I’m taking Spanish 1, abnormal psychology and survey of astronomy. I GOT ENGAGED! I get to go on to house arrest next month, and generally I am doing well. I had gotten a job at a candy store before I started school, which was good because it was downtown Seattle and it was beneficial for my recovery to reach out to addicts there. I feel like I really got to help a fellow alcoholic before one of my last shifts. I haven’t seen him on the street since and ny fingers are crossed he got the help I offered. For that reason alone, I really miss working downtown. I love the people and I love when I get to talk to someone. Yesterday was Seattle pride which was so amazing :’)
Here are some pictures as of late. Oh, and three years sober next month as well. :cherry_blossom::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
That last picture is of me in front of all our prison visit pictures on the fridge.
I wouldn’t be here without my recovery. If anyone is looking for a sign, THIS IS IT!

22 Likes

Thanks for checking in Knives! And for the update. So much good going in your life! Makes me happy on my rainy morning commute. Thanks again and keep going and growing :people_hugging::sparkling_heart::people_hugging:

5 Likes

Congratulations to you on your engagement, on the 3.9 and all else! Super proud of you!!
What inspiration you will be for many.

5 Likes

Congratulations Knives, that’s wonderful news. I’m happy for you! :innocent:

3 Likes

Beautiful pictures!! Great to see you thriving!!

3 Likes

Beautiful! Great update. Congratulations on the engagement and everything else :sunflower:

1 Like

Congratulations :clap::tada::clap:. Such wonderful news!

3 Likes

Out of work release and on to house arrest Monday! I’m so excited to leave you guys omg :’)
4 years sobez on the 19th. Love yall

20 Likes

That’s great news Knives! So excited for you! :blush:

2 Likes

Some bloody big milestones being hit now!
Congratulations on all the successes, and the commitment and endurance you’ve displayed for 4 years.
Impressive and inspiring.
Go well!

3 Likes

Awesome news! Thanks for updating us on your progres Knives! Makes me happy to see this. Four years is fantastic. Upward and onward.

4 Likes

Congratulations on your 4 years and your sentence progression!!! All good news!!! Happy for you!!!

4 Likes

Happy to hear this Knives. It’s an exciting new chapter for you: a new place with new learning! You’re entering as Knives 2.0: more insight, more perspective and experience, more self-awareness, and a bigger pool of helpful contacts and friends. It’s a nice feeling I bet :innocent:

Happy for you friend :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

When I said 4 I guess I meant three. Getting a little ahead of myself lol. It just seems like everything has gone by so fast. You guys were here the day after I got out of jail, the week right after everything happened. When I was a week sober. So grateful. So ready to move along with my life. I love you all. :black_heart:

8 Likes

Three is d@mn good, too!

1 Like