You Know You're Getting Old When

Yes, the reality has at last hit you: You’re no “spring chicken” anymore! What are some of those little tell-tale signs you’ve been seeing?

When 80’s music is classified as “Oldies”.
When you saw the pilot episode of Sesame Street…when it originally aired.
When you start receiving AARP junk mail.
When you refer to a CD as an “album”.

25 Likes

When you can’t stay up passed 9:30 pm on weekends and wake up before your alarm wakes you up.

24 Likes

When your niece doesnt know what a newspaper is

18 Likes

When the optometrist says, well you don’t need bifocals “yet” :sweat_smile:

15 Likes

When most evening events start after my bedtime.

25 Likes

You have less and less tolerance for crowds and noise, and avoid social gatherings.

23 Likes

When you have less tolerance for things.

Leaving this as a blanketed general statement left for interpretation.

11 Likes

When I see a real policeman and I think it’s a teenager in fancy dress

16 Likes

Wanted to add -

I had a major spinal surgery about a year and a half ago.

I was 33 at the time. It was the first time that I had a doctor, let alone a freakin’ neurosurgeon, that was the same age as me.

It was also, oddly, performed at a children’s hospital. I was there for 5 or 6 days to recover. It’s easy to assert dominance and crush any opposition when you’re the only person in the place with a mustache and tattoos.

22 Likes

When you go to the doctor for your checkup and ask about a few brown spots on your face (ya know, to make sure it’s not cancer) and get told they are AGING spots :sob:

19 Likes

You almost need some bolt cutters to trim your hard, thickening toenails.

You start growing hair out of orofices that don’t need it.

13 Likes

More and more you find yourself favouring slip-on shoes.

19 Likes

Yes! What is it with men losing it on top but growing it out of their ears!?

And women have the delights of chin hairs that appear overnight :grimacing:

17 Likes

Yes, nature is SO unfair!

5 Likes

For me it is seeing all the teenage girls being obsessed with Friends. I was a teenager when it first came out and now I see them dressing like we used to, but there is no way I could get away with it now (cropped tops, spaghetti strap tiny dresses)

8 Likes

Shopping for men’s clothing is a depressing affair. Seems everthing is designed for skinny 20-year-old dudes: tight-fitting pants. Tight-fitting shirts. “Slim Fit” suits. Outfits look fantastic on the store mannequin, but when you try on those same items you look like crap.

7 Likes

When you realize your hair isn’t thinning, it’s redeploying to your brows, ears, and nose.

15 Likes

When you can finally order off the back page of the Dennys menu.

14 Likes

The fact that I have to take a picture of the back of the medicine bottle, and then blow it up, so I can read the dosage

22 Likes

Also when I get out of bed I’m the morning and start walking, everything cracks. Everything fucking cracks.

22 Likes