You Know You're Getting Old When

You used to drive cars before they had power steering. And you loved driving your stick shift VW Beetle. Even if the heater was crap.

13 Likes

You do that wierd pained grunt sound when you bend over to pick something up off the floor

17 Likes

:laughing::laughing:I had to use a magnifying glass to read the dosage on Tylenol yesterday!

8 Likes

When a new drug commercial piques your interest during day time television…

12 Likes

You you leave a Dirty Honey concert and the only thing on my mind is how bad my back and feet hurt and I come to the conclusion i am to old for this shit. But it was a great concert

10 Likes

I just had this conversation today.
You can read and write in cursive.
You can read an analog clock.
Have a wonderful weekend.

17 Likes

When you realise you’re older than your parents were on family photos

13 Likes

K then I been real old a long time. I prefer: high-expectationed.

When you stop anticipating fashion trends. I can distinctly pinpoint when the current style and my style began to diverge. (When clothes became ugly, obvs, lol)

9 Likes

You start your convo with " eee when i was your age…"

9 Likes

I do that! The kids (ppl in their 20s) love it! :rofl:

6 Likes

Hahaha omg! I’m so sorry! Hahahaha tho! :sob: :rofl: oh noooo!

5 Likes

What your 21?!..ohhh you’re just a baby! :laughing:

8 Likes

You just realised how patronising you must be to the younguns :thinking::see_no_evil:

6 Likes

Hahaha, yeah, they don’t really love it! They probably forgive us tho. On account of the being old.

7 Likes

When you enjoy doing things more than making a selfie doing things you’re supposed to enjoy.
Because when there is no selfie it just didn’t happen.

11 Likes

When you don’t feel like you’re getting older you just feel like you’re getting ‘better’… yes!

The amazing thing to me about the whole thing is so much is the same, bad traffic, this, that and the other while technology has done amazing and wonderful things like these little phones that take pics, connect us with the world, deposit checks ( what’s that?), music, and so much else.

@Runningfree age spots really is a misnomer, imho, just like liver spots. They should just call them sun spots.

5 Likes

I definitely knew that I was old when I prefered brunch over dinner, muted the phone after 8 pm, needed new glasses every 2 years and my study colleagues could be my children :scream:

Oh, and I realized that I’m fuck that shit old when I chose myself over my loveless drinking husband. Since then I grew really old: I talk more to plants and pets than to people, I am constantly busy busy minding my own shit and I shop online because perimenopause hit with all it’s glory, including massive weightgain :rofl:

And I too prefer slippers now! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

15 Likes

Tell people that i remember ration books still used them a few years after the war ,and you grew up without internet or mobiles lol

13 Likes

My Dad was the baby of the family (born 1949) so got the 1 family egg. Hard to imagine now!

6 Likes

yea i can id with that there was 5 of us and first one down in the morning could put their school; uniform on the valor heater no central heating in those days just coal fires

9 Likes