You might be an alcoholic if

I even found a way to remedy the clinking bottles! I used to put them in a plastic bag and tie it up tight so they couldnt move :astonished:

5 Likes

I remember smuggling those little shot bottles into the house by sticking them inside my socks.

7 Likes

I did the same thing. I wore tall socks and I could fit a dozen of the double shots. You are the first person besides myself that I heard of doing this. I thought I was so sneaky. When I was fully loaded I bet I walked funny, when I was empty I couldn’t walk at all hahaha. Glad I don’t do that shit anymore.

7 Likes

I wore baggy Dickie’s work pants, so it was easy to conceal.

Yes, I too am glad this chapter of my life is closed for good. :pray:

7 Likes

I occasionally used my socks as well, like you and @WilliamBloke , but my go to stash spot if I wasn’t carrying a purse that day, was my bra! :rofl: Depending on the style, I could fit up to 6. I’d have to be careful with certain shirts or they’d stick out. Or worse, fall out! Looking back now, it’s crazy that that was just normal, everyday life for me. Adapting in order to serve my disease. So grateful I’m not a prisoner anymore :pray:

9 Likes

That’s funny. Didn’t it make your boobs all misshapen?:rofl: The crazy shit we do to serve our addictions, it truly is slavery.

6 Likes

Nah. They down the middle and on each side, sideways, under my armpits :sweat_smile: I got hiding spots for days! When I got rid of my old couch, I found a rogue shooter stuffed in the cushions. I was already 5 months sober then. Scared for what’s under my bed, when I finally get to cleaning that mess :grimacing:

6 Likes

This is a good thread where everyone talks about where they hid theirs :blush:

3 Likes

I found a random shot glass in a boot in my closet.

When you drink vodka right out of the bottle.

5 Likes

… if someone can smell you from upwind , you might be an alcoholic

5 Likes

You have many different spots to buy alcohol, because if the folks at one of your spots only sees you once every 2 weeks, you dont appear to have a problem.

But that isnt always fool proof. I was so ashamed once because one of the cashiers at a spot said “ive carded you so many times youd think Id have your birthday memorized by now”. Ouch.

8 Likes

If you’re so embarrassed or ashamed of your drinking/behavior during that you don’t even tell your best friend about it

7 Likes

I rotated between 4 different liquor stores and usually hit at least 2 of them every day. All 4 would be a real bad day. The cashiers would be grabbing my bottles before I even made it in the door! No shame. I’d already accepted I had a problem. Just didn’t care :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Having swigs of straight whiskey before I drink “only a 6-pack” of beer in front of the wife.

7 Likes

You might be a recovered alcoholic if you worked a program (any program) of recovery and as a result you are now living a life beyond your wildest dreams

15 Likes

…or a quiet, chaos free life. :people_hugging:

12 Likes

Is that not the dream?

7 Likes

Lol, you’re right. It sounded like a big, expansive, mega dream when I read it, but you’re right…the quiet, digging in the garden dream…is the wildest too. :melting_face:

5 Likes

Yeah, similarly I had a few that I rotated between on a daily basis. I knew they knew, they knew I knew they knew. I did care, but I cared more about getting drunk than I cared about saving face.

I’ve come across one liquor store employee in public (obviously outside the store) since then, and he was actually super relieved to see me. He explained that after I stopped coming, he started to worry that something had happened to me.

And that was a totally realistic fear to have. At some point, something was definitely going to happen to me, it was just a matter of time. Luckily, something happened to me in a good way rather than a bad way.

11 Likes

Yeah, there’s this one cashier/owner who’s awesome, and we talked a lot more than a typical customer would (I mean, I saw him everyday for years). I miss him as a person and hope he hasn’t been worried. I thought about stopping in and saying hi when I was picking up chinese food next door, but I didn’t. I highly doubt it would trigger me, but :woman_shrugging: it is what it is.

7 Likes