You might be in recovery if

This post is my answer to the “You might be an addict” post. Put how long you used & how long you have sober to show this does work.

You might be in recovery if you give gratitude everyday for your new life & have stopped creating wreckage with your actions & words.
Used pot & alcohol for 13 years, sober for 7 years, 7 months, 18 days. #lookingforwardtoyear8 #8/6/11sober

22 Likes

One day at a time sweetheart thats the only way you’ll get to one year.

3 Likes

Used from age 16 till 46 weed and alcohol. Before that chocolat :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. I stopped 110 times but not for more than 4 months. Now I’m sober for 28 days and will stay sober for the rest of my life!

15 Likes

used weed and alcohol for 24 years, now im 20 months clean from alcohol and 11 months clean from pot.

10 Likes

Your bathroom reading is copies of the Grapevine.
Your hangbag is full of recovery books.
You carry your latest chip in your wallet, just over your drivers license.
You keep a copy of “How it Works” on your refrigerator.
The majority of your the contacts in your phone start with the prefix “FOB”

5 and a bit months from alcohol and all mind altering substances after 20+ years of intoxication on one thing or another.

18 Likes

You might be in recovery if you have learned to love the worst coffee on the planet.

Eleven months sober from alcohol, after drinking for over twenty years.

21 Likes

Alcohol and pot for about 20 years… coke, crack, and meth off and on for about 18 years…full time alcoholic and opiate addict for the last 12

Been donning the gloves and putting up a proper fight working the program for 385 days now :slightly_smiling_face:

18 Likes

Heavy Alcohol for most of my life, abusing for 10 of those.
Grateful every day that I’m not drinking and feeling great about it for 144 days.

13 Likes

Drank since my early teens and by 50 years old, daily drunken blackouts. Got sober at 51 and im on day 602. Ive had to learn how to live with this new guy i call me. My family sure likes this guy and man i love him!
You might be in recovery if you have a triangle sticker on your car.

11 Likes

Spot on. Exactly what I’m going through. It’s a bloody nice feeling.

6 Likes

I’ve was using alcohol and meth since I was 16.
I quit drinking in my 20s. To which I recently relasped.
I quit meth 13months and 5 days ago.
It works if you work it.

Sufferforgrowth

10 Likes

Used alcohol for more then 20 years. Sober when pregnant.
Sober for 5 years and thought I could drink moderate. Seeing my drinking habbits getting worse again so…
Quit drinking at 18 september 2018 and this time for ever.
Today 189 days sober :heart:

You might be in recovery if you like the early mornings! :grinning:

13 Likes

:joy::joy::rofl::rofl: so fucking true

3 Likes

-You get up early just because you can
-You have “one day at a time” written on your bathroom mirror
-your Kindle only has recovery books on it
-You could have shares in every flavour of sparkling water
-You eat to much chocolate
-Your new addiction is TS
-There is a 24hr chip (and an Antabuse tablet) in your purse
-Your new bedside ornament is a framed recovery chip
-There is more time in the day than you know what to do with
-Your house is SUPER clean
-You LOVE the recently discovered new you

Day 131 after 10 years of alcohol abuse and thinking I could moderate (minus pregnancies)

16 Likes

Started drinking at 17 stopped at 34 .still sober

9 Likes

You avoid certain parts of social media. You dont participate in the locker room speech.

Sitting at 50 days. Feeling good. Climbing back up to the top, rewiring my brain.

12 Likes

If you’ve been constipated and had diarrhea all in the same day you have been in early recovery.

10 Likes

To a T! :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

When I was pregnant I was sober btw…twice!

Your eardrums hurt from listening and leaning on to music so much. You obsess over the same singer/songwriter (Lorde) over and over lol. :unamused: If I listen to Ribs by her one more time… :smirk::raised_hand:ugh