Your worst excuse to drink?

Cuz it’ll just be one, and just one is ok.

1 Like

I’m also a musician and for a while I thought that alcohol made me more confident but the music is in your heart. It’s always there no matter what alcohol only dilutes it.

My worst excuse to drink. “because I want to feel free.” aka my favorite form of passive self sabotage.

7 Likes

Love this. One of the things I cherish most about my sobriety is the freedom that comes with being a non-drinker. Glad you are here, Earth.

2 Likes

It is freedom. I come to this community because the people here understand that and it’s so special. Thank you for the warm welcome , I’m really glad you’re here too

2 Likes

I relapsed on Tuesday, few days before being sober for 5 months.

My excuse was I wanted to treat myself and relax / hangout a bit with a glass of wine or 2…
And I believed, I could.

Truth was, I couldn’t. Wanted more everyday, had 2 bottles last 2 evenings each.

Second excuse was i am feeling too young to be without any drugs.

What? Life is cool and happy without

5 Likes

The bloody helter skelter slide if - I’m ok, I’m ok, oops I’m not ok. I have been on it many times :purple_heart:

1 Like

Because I’m thirsty! (Serious, not sarcasm)

“Because I’ve been sober a month and a half and I can drink socially/responsibly now” is a close second.

4 Likes

Yeah but we know the truth LOL

It’s medicinal. You know, for my anxiety. It lifts me from my depressive state. People like me more. I like people more. It makes me bolder, funnier, happier. I am a better, more engaging version of myself. ALL OF IT, LIES.

4 Likes

Because “fuck it”.

6 Likes

“We’re all gonna die of something”

Is quite possibly the most stupid fucking sentence ever spoken

I spoke it for a long long time :joy:

1 Like

Boo hoo, look what happened to me. Poor me, poor me, pour me another.

1 Like