Yovember! Yoga for November

Continuing the discussion from Yoga for October! Yoctober anyone?:

Well I’m five days late starting this thread… But doing it anyway to reconfirm my intention to maintain a regular yoga practice. Maybe not every day, but regular!

I’m a Yoga With Adriene fan so I’m going to dip in to her November ‘Nourish’ playlist.

@hailstrom shared this 30 day men’s yoga challenge playlist -

Other YouTube channels, in person yoga, self guided yoga etc all welcome!

Dip in as much or as little as you like, share your journey and enjoy :pray: :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

This morning I started my November practice with the first video on the playlist, Nourish. My kind of practice! Mainly gentle, lots of twists (upper back and shoulders in need of some love at the minute), a little bit of heat in the mix.

The thing I really love about yoga is the mind-body-breath connection. I’ve been feeling quite disconnected from self-work in general recently and this kind of gentle yoga is one of the ways I can engage in it. Got a blood test next week but I am guessing my iron levels are still pretty low cos I’m tired. Walking the dog a couple of times a day is enough for me exercise wise. But yoga makes me feel nice and I love how even a gentle practice helps build strength and stability.

Anyway I’m waffling! One of the things from the practice today. she asked us to offer some words of kindness or love to ourselves. My offering to myself is ‘I am enough’. Not something I’ve actively thought of for a while, so appreciated the chance to do that.

7 Likes

I’ll join you! I do a bit of yoga daily, mostly from the app Alo moves, and some may technically not be yoga because I do abs and stretching, but like yoga abs and stretching haha. I could slide in some actual yoga for sure. I was trying Laruga Glaser ashtanga, I don’t know how the heck she does some of that voodoo, but I want in on it!!

2 Likes

I’m in! :woman_in_lotus_position:t2:

1 Like

Ooh I like her! Been doing yoga too! Namaste for posting this!

1 Like

I will do some again… fell off the rails when I had my flare up last month but I am feeling OK now.

2 Likes

Personally I get as much, if not more, from the philosophical side of yoga as the physical stuff. But then I’m not really into fitness in a big way, so that could be why :laughing:

Either way though it’s good for you!

1 Like

Yea just what you can, when you can is great! Maybe focus on the under 25 minute practices and see how that goes? That’s my general intention for now.

Does doing a little less help avoid flare ups or is it just one of those things that happens randomly?

1 Like

Wahoo 100 days! You must be feeling excellent :muscle: :sparkles:

1 Like

Great idea!! I’ll do it!

1 Like

Congrats on triple digits.

Werk!

3 Likes

Less is definitely better but it can still be a crap shoot. I can only really manage 2 flows before I reach exhaustion but even that little bit really made me feel better.

1 Like

YWA has an under 10 mins playlist which you might have seen already -

And Kassandra has an under 15 mins playlist too - not tried her videos yet but she is widely recommended!

1 Like

Did the quickie this morning ‘to get the juices flowing’. Added in a few extra poses after to extend it slightly. One of those extra poses was shavasana of course :laughing:

2 Likes

Did 3 of the short mens sessions this morning which was about 30 mins. All legs and hips and I am feeling it. It’s what I need but it’s challenging. Will go lighter tomorrow I think.

1 Like

Did the first day of YWN that Sian started the thread with. I have been wicked headachy for four days so it was a nice stretchy session I almost feel like doing it again!!!

Ty for the links Sian. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Yoga for change and drain :white_check_mark:

Planning a lazy Sunday so this was just right for me. Mainly gentle movement with a couple of bits of :fire:

1 Like

Sunrise morning yoga :white_check_mark:

Have done this video a few times and I like it. Pretty basic but a good way to start the day.

1 Like

Still working through the mens course and enjoying it. In the day 1 video he suggests starting each practice in a straight leg seat as the pelvic region is typically a low mobility area for men. And he is not wrong! I mentioned in the previous thread how difficult I found it. So I have been starting that way for 5/6 days now and already feel a vast improvement. I would get cramp in the top of my right thigh/groin immediately before. This has cooled down a lot already. Encouraging changes.

1 Like

Woke up at 8am this morning which is when i start work… so no morning yoga today!

Would like to try the yoga for chronic pain video though, not something I suffer with but something I’d like to know more about from a teaching perspective. I have found YWA videos really helpful to me as I develop my dance class, encouraging people to move their bodies within their own limits, trusting and respecting their own physicality and physical boundaries.

1 Like