Is there a place for me here?

I have an unhealthy relationship with alcohol. When I drink I can’t stop, and I act out of character and hurt people and don’t remember it. Sometimes I can go weeks without drinking, but I still want to stop drinking entirely because I lose control so easily. Is there a place for me here in this community? I’ve been reading through everyone’s posts and am so inspired by the support and kindness here.

37 Likes

There sure is! Welcome

4 Likes

Absolutely your more than welcome here. Ill scoot over and save a spot for yeah. Lol welcome

5 Likes

Hi there and welcome! I’m new here too, and so glad I joined this wonderful group. We don’t have to live with alcohol anymore. Glad you made it here. I had no idea how I found the place but I’m so grateful I did.

3 Likes

Absolutely there’s plenty of threads u can comment in and be a part of whatever u want everyone is v nice

2 Likes

Well of course theres a place for you here and you are more than welcome here with us :wink:

1 Like

Thank you all so much for the welcome! I just reached my 1 month sober milestone, and I am excited to keep it going. The support here is amazing. 🩷

10 Likes

Welcome! So glad you are here!!! Congrats on your 30 days and super excited for you to be a part of this community
:v:t3: and :purple_heart:

1 Like

Welcome, Cat. You are in the right place. Congratulations on your decision to break free of this menace. TS has been invaluable to me in my journey. Hope it helps you as well!:heart::pray::peace_symbol:

1 Like

giphy-136

2 Likes

Absolutely!! Welcome! I was a binge drinker as well, could go a couple of weeks, or just 1 or 2 sometimes or 4 bottles other. You never knew what you would get at the end of my drinking career. It is a relief to have let all that go finally. Lots of good support and information here. Hope to see you around. Check out the cat thread as well! :people_hugging::cat2:

4 Likes

Welcome to the site! Lots of support here for you.

1 Like

Yes there is a place for you here. Is today Day 1?

1 Like

Hello to a cat lady from another cat lady.

Welcome. Yeah you belong! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Welcome here and there sure is plenty of space for you! :heavy_heart_exclamation:
Read around and feel free to join in any tread you like. If you are a catlover as your name suggested to will love this tread: Where my cat people? #3 so if you have such furry hairball…show us! :crazy_face:
A more serious tread is Checking in daily to maintain focus #63 our active check in sober tread. The first year of my recovery I was here daily to show my accountability to myself and others as well. That helped me a lot! Still sober for more then 5 years today. Not to bragg but to show you it can be done! :blush:
See you around :raising_hand_woman:

2 Likes

This is exactly the way my drinking was before i quit, theres definitely a spot here for you.

1 Like

Today is day 37. Nervous but excited about the journey. Happy to have found this community :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Thank you for these links! And congrats on your 5 years, thats amazing :clap:

1 Like

Welcome Catlady.
I think we can squeeze you in if you’re willing. This sober community has been magical to my sobriety.

Continue to reading around and join in when you’re comfortable.
:pray::heart:

1 Like

Congratulations your 37 days.
You. Are. Awesome. :clap:

1 Like