11 months and what it was like

Thank you for sharing Ariel, I like reading you here :heart: Congratulations and onwards to 1 full year! :tada:

2 Likes

Many congratulations Ariel, such a powerful and as others have said relatable story.
So happy for you that you’re on this side now :two_hearts:

2 Likes

downloadfile-5

4 Likes

Fantastic share :heart:

1 Like

Congratulations on 11 months - you have always been an inspiration for me.
Many more sober months to come!

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your story! Just by reading it, you have given me the boost that I needed today. Please continue to share your wisdom as it is truly inspiring :heart:

2 Likes

Ariel, you are 20 days ahead of me. So when I started, you were one of the people I was following avidly.
Everything you were going through, I would likely be doing the same.
This hasn’t changed.
Thank you for being here and allowing us to share your journey.
I’ve never pictured you as a barrister, you just don’t fit my image of one.
Thanks.

5 Likes

gosh, ariel. that’s one heck of a story. i’m so glad you shared that with us. oh, the places you have been! congrats on your sobriety :heart:

2 Likes

Wow…Thank you so much for sharing. I can relate. Inspiring. Well done! Keep going.

2 Likes

Ariel, your story moved me to tears. The pain and loneliness you must have felt is hard to imagine. This makes you an even bigger inspiration to me. Thank you so much for sharing this very personal journey of yours. You are truly amazing. :tulip::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Wow Ariel.

Who would have thought.

Look how far you’ve come.

And this is just the beginning. Thank you for being such a warm, strong presence on TS. Congratulations!

2 Likes

You’re such an inspiration, Ariel. I admire your strength and honesty, and wish you a lifetime of continued strength and success. So honored to have you as one of my earliest TS friends. Keep kicking ass, ODAAT!

2 Likes

You are one incredibly resilient human being, Ariel!
Whenever I hear it said, People can’t change or I can’t change, it’s life stories like this that have me saying. Oh yeah? Says who?
I am so fortunate to be here, with you, and everyone, as we endeavor to change our lives for the better.
Congratulations!

2 Likes

Nope, I’m not! I always left judges and opposing counsel slightly perplexed as to what this brash american was doing there. In such a class based society and profession, it was nice to feel like they couldn’t quite put their finger on me. But my clients loved it because they have a picture of american lawyers from TV. It was a thing I did, but not who I am these days. It feels kind of like a different life.

To everyone else, THANK YOU SO MUCH for your support. This place has been invaluable to me in so many ways and it is hard to express. :two_hearts:

11 Likes

Congratulations you’re doing really well keep going one day at a time :pray::pray::pray:

1 Like

This is awesome! Well done…you’re an inspiration to a guy on day 12.

1 Like

Awesome!!! Take control, you got this! Your story has me sitting here in tears. I could feel the pain in your word. This sobriety journey is not an easy one, but we are better for it in the long run. I know you will stay the course. I’m rooting for you, you got this!

1 Like

This is very inspirational and I decided to comment because I’m just about 10.5 months clean and sober! I came back to this app many times and people were always here to encourage me even when I struggled to get just a few hours clean and sober. Your story particularly encourages me because I too was capable of getting great jobs and opportunities using however my addiction held me back so much that I now look forward to the incredible blessings and accomplishments that will come from my new way of life

4 Likes

The best is yet to come! :bird:

Congratulations!!!

You are truly an inspiration.
Your strength and resilience are admirable.
I am grateful to share this journey with you.
Sending hugs your way! Way to go!

1 Like