2019 Baseball

He had 12 k’s today in 7 and probably could’ve threw the 8th also. A lot if people think pitchers duels are boring but its a testament those guys who can throw a shut out. A lot of people forget how goid some of these hitters are, guys like Cano or Harper or Trout or any other 300 hitter.

1 Like

Jeter, a legend of the highest order in our time.

1 Like

Heck yeah, even red sox fans cant hate him lol. I Went to camden to see him off on their last series against the O’s at the end of '17. They had a little ceremony for him after the game and gave him a bucket of crab legs lol

Who doesn’t like crab legs…not Jeter…:grin:

1 Like

Lets go cubs!!

3 Likes

I agree. Harper always struck me as a tad over-hyped and hit his prime a couple seasons back. Nats need some younger franchise players who still have some growing to do.

1 Like

Last year, I attended a Greenville Drive game that went 18 innings. By the end they were not selling anything (since most folks were trashed). Combine $1 Rolling Rock night with an 18 inning game and there is bound to be trouble (insert me). It was the longest game in the history of the Boston Red SOX’s Class A South Atlantic League affiliate. Needless to say they changed the rules after that game.

1 Like

Every game ive ever went to they stopped selling after the 7th inning stretch. I sat through 13 innings of a Braves/Nats game jonsing for a drink one night a couple seasons ago and made a beeline str8 for the closest bar as soon as it was over. Speaking of MiLB Stevie u heard u gotta come down my way to watch the P Nats play starting next season? Theyre building that new stadium about 6 miles from my house :star_struck: i can hit a back road and come up right beside it without even going through town… im gonna end up living at that place lol

I was hoping Harper would play for a west coast team so I would have more opportunities to watch on tv or person. Other than that I wanted him to stay with the Nationals. Rizzo has built a pretty solid ball club. Just wish Strasberg could stay helathy and the Nats have everything clicking in October.

1 Like

Plastic flask in my boot kinda game…

1 Like

Yeah. Not happy about it, either. Sad when Frederick Keys are closer than my “local” team. Wonder if they’re gonna rename the team, since they are so far from the Potomac. Rappahanock Nationals? Rap-Nats?

1 Like

The Greenville Drive stadium is an exact 16:1 replica of Fenway park. Including the Green Monster (which are great seats for a game). Closest MLB team to me are the Atlanta Braves (yuck).

2 Likes

I have a little piece of Fenway

6 Likes

I didnt figure u would be lol, from what i read they wanted to stay in Woodbridge but they wanted a new stadium cuz that one is almost 35 years old but the city wasnt having it, cant say i blame em either, it isnt like the place is run down or anything. Fredricksburg offered em a new stadium and a million a year to move so theyre pretty much following the money. Theyre gonna be the Fredricksburg (somethings) theres a contest going to name them right now but so far i think most people wanna stick with Nationals

http://bit.ly/FXBGNameTheTeam

1 Like

330 million is a lot to pay for a right fielder, but it seems this is where weve gotten to. I saw machado play here in the desert, 300 million got the padres an 0 fer 4 performance with 2 errors at third. Like I said, this is where its gotten. Oh well we keep watching, as long as they dont start fucking kneeling.

2 Likes

The issue with the their current stadium are real. Field prone to flooding. Clubhouse not to league standards. MiLB is basically mandating the new stadium.

There’s been a bit of a culture change in PWC that comes with demographic changes. Schools having a hard time fielding football and baseball teams, as the kids now have a bigger affinity to soccer. The county supervisors didn’t want to float the bonds needed to build, with real estate at a premium.

10 years ago the new suburbanites chased out a 50 year-old stock and drag car raceway. It moved down your way too, right off 95.

Looking forward to one day moving to WVA and buying a smallish mountain. Always wanted to tell someone “get off my mountain”.

1 Like

Im an M’s fan. Go Mariners!

3 Likes

Why “Go Mariners” when you clearly stated your a M as in Mets fan…:sunglasses:

Manny shines when hes “accidentally” slinging bats at infielders cuz theyve pissed him off lol, i was at a bar a couple seasons ago watching the Os when he did that and about took the 3rd base ump out at the knees. I bout fell off the stool laughing cuz the dude he threw it at kinda deserved it, hes a decent player at times but hes a way better attention whore. Amen to the kneeling thing too, wasnt much of a football fan to begin with and that whole thing sealed the deal for me. If you wanna make a difference youre on a platform to be heard and u make millions of dollars, advocate for civil rights organizations or donate to them and volunteer the 349 days a year youre not working. Instead you choose to disrespect every man and woman thats died for your freedom to go out there and play??? Most of em dont care one way or the other, theyre just bein attention whores too.

1 Like

The Mets? Oh yeah, them. Forgot they existed for a second. :rofl:

2 Likes