2020 Hiking Club (Walking Sober)

🤦 :wink: :rofl:

2 Likes

Finally got to take another hike! Did the “Beethoven Path” close to Königswinter, Germany with two friends. It’s apparently where the composer liked to walk. Chilly, but the sun came out! Also got to see the ruins of an old abby, very spooky in the fog!

10 Likes

Absolutely stunning!

1 Like

Woke up in the dark this morning and listening to the birds sing thought I would get up and take a wander up the hill, see if I could catch the sunrise.

Love walking around before everyone gets up, so still and calm.

(Purple sky to the left is light pollution not sunrise!)

Too foggy to see the sun come up, but still nice to sit up there for a bit. Have not been getting out much recently so good to spend some time outside.

6 Likes

Thanks! Love the pictures of your morning walk … I wish I could get up early enough for a sunrise walk too, but I always end up staying in bed longer :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Looks lovely mate. Gentle stroll.

1 Like

The only way is up boyo!

Ah yes I really hope we can make it happen in 2021!

2 Likes

Definitely

2 Likes

Sort of hiking … snow shoeing with little guy

6 Likes

I saw some snow this afternoon! Just a dusting on top of the hills though, not enough to warrant snow shoes :rofl:

1 Like

Went for a much needed walk and talk with a good friend today. Not sure how far we went, we were out for a few hours around Wayoh and Jumble reservoirs in Lancashire and stopped for a couple of cups of tea along the way.

It is amazing the difference being outside makes, to help put things into perspective a bit.

5 Likes

It was sledging weather here yesterday :snowflake:

Huh really?! I guess your hills are higher up!

1 Like

Yep- 3 inch I’d say, most of it’s gone now but still on the tops

1 Like

On my hike the day before yesterday. Means roughly 2 months hike or three weeks bike ride to Santiago di Compostela :sunflower::crazy_face::bike::running_man:‍♂

4 Likes

Last hike of 2020?

Will post a 2021 thread very soon, I went for a nice walk today :blush:

That would be a great challenge…! That’s one of my dreams one day, to go on a long distance hike like that.

2 Likes

I just came across this sign. I am planning a long ride or hike this year. Tent, me, nature. No fixed plans, just walking or cycling :sunflower:

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2021 Hiking Club (Walking Sober)