2021 roll call - introduce yourself!

It will have much of the same withdrawals it’s still an opiate. Just not as severe. Withdrawals from doing methadone is worse than any other opiate. I would never recommend it.

1 Like

My name is Monty. My DoC is alcohol. I am 18 days sober. I white knuckled it through so far, but am looking into starting AA since discovering there are Zoom meetings. Luckily I am fortunate enough to have a great support system so far.

7 Likes

I’m Sue and I’m new here. Mainly to support my husband’s serious and much needed journey to sobriety and being alcohol and drug free…
but to also curb my drinking habit. Hopefully this is the step we need to a permanent solution :pray:

11 Likes

Welcome sue, what a unselfish gesture brilliant that you are trying to support your other half. I hope your journey is a successful one. But you have to remember that you never come to the end , it’s a never ending road. But a good road with beautiful scenery, good luck to you both xx

4 Likes

Hello everyone, I’m Mark. 27. Wisconsin, USA.

5 days sober off of drinking today.
I don’t like the depression it gives me now, ya know?
The anger and resentment it brings.
That’s all for now.

It seems this app will be of help a good tool.

Thank you.

13 Likes

@Guy_and_a_dog

Welcome Mark. Congrats on your first 5 days. That’s awesome. Lots of great people here for support. Addiction is to way too big to handle alone. We are stronger in numbers. Have a good read around and join in when your willing.
One day at a time.
That’s the only way I can do it.
Just for today.

Here are two good threads to start:

2 Likes

I recently came off suboxone, its basically the same thing as subutex. Buprenorphine with naloxone. And yes, you definitly do withdrawal from it, personally i found it alot less intense of a withdrawal than fentanyl, but it definitly wasnt as bad as the horror stories you see online, i would rather withdrawal off that then fentanyl/heroin any day. The other difference is even though the withdrawals wont be as intense they will be longer lasting. My mood was up and down for a long time. Didnt sleep more then a couple hours a night for about 2 weeks then the sleep slowly started getting better. All in all it took about a month or so to get back to close to normal. Also personally that first month i would have days where my energy was normal then the next day it was completely gone. I hope this helps, if you need anything feel free to message me.

3 Likes

Hi all, I’m a Rachel from Canada, currently 8 days sober! I have been drinking since I was in high school and have struggled with it these past years. I was sober at the end of summer for 2 and a 1/2 months then I caved and drank up untill 8 days ago. Trying to stay sober, reduce the risk to drink and staying positive. Its normally only a weekend thing for me so trying to fill my weekend with stuff to do. Hoping for the best! I read a bunch of your guys’s posts, keep on going, stay strong and add healthy activities into your life!

8 Likes

Welcome Rachel, this is a great community hope you stick around!

2 Likes

Hi my name is KT. DOC is alcohol and processed foods. I’ve been nicotine free since December 2019, when I got extremely ill (possibly one of the first cases of corona virus in my area, but wasn’t diagnosed properly). I got extremely ill after that, and cut down my drinking by necessity for a long time.

I’ve been vegan for two months, and I’m newly sober 100%, at seven days now, with the intention of remaining so. Although I gave up heavy drinking long ago, even a couple drinks makes me very ill. I’m a mom of twins, and a wife to a wonderful and supportive husband.

My hope in being completely sober is to become a better mom and spouse. I’d like to be a better home maker. It’s difficult because I have chronic health issues, and have been dealing with them since my youth. But I’m trying to overcome it, and be strong through it. My illness in 2019 definitely made my autoimmune diseases go into overdrive for a long time, which has been tough to rebound from. But I know drinking doesn’t help, so I’m not doing that anymore.

12 Likes

Welcome KT.
@Soberyogi17
Great big congratulations on your 7 days.
That’s great!!

Have a good read around here. This place has been a great place for me to get support in my sobriety. Addiction is too tough to go it alone. We are stronger in numbers. And we are all worth it.
:pray:t2::heart:
Gratitude for what we have when we are sober is my best tool in my tool box.
Hers a couple of great threads I like.
Hope to see you around.
You’re worth it.

2 Likes

Checking in just started this app. Very nice

7 Likes

Welcome @Scorpionking1118
Nice place to get support. Hope to see you around.

3 Likes

@Dazercat. If this place is real its great. For those times when im low want a drink or smoke…and don’t want to bother my physiacrst or family. I assume since it’s online it’s us time zone specific. Meaning if im on Pacific time if its 4 in the morning and cant sleep and want a drink i can reach out?

3 Likes

Ya this place is real. You can always reach out. There’s peeps from all over the world on here. Usually someone is up. You may not always get a response immediately but there’s always someone around. Sometimes you can get a bunch of responses if your struggling. I’m on mountain time. I get a kick how the Europeans are getting there day going and checkins in the morning when I’m signing out for night. A few Aussies. I never know what time is over there.

1 Like

Thats funny. Great to know its a big world of us out there, sometimes I feel other people dont really understand but then I think of what drives them and attempt to refoucus on other driving forces. Like my religion, kids, work. Thanks for the info.

3 Likes

You talking about the Suboxone? Or the Fentanyl?
Suboxone i was at 16mg and tapered myself down to 2mg a day before jumping off. Fentanyl i was doing about 1.5 grams a day.

1 Like

Oh ya for sure, they didnt even want me to come off the suboxone at least not yet anyway. Decided to taper and quit on my own and havent been back yet.

Ya and the taste was terrible having to let it dissolve under your tongue…shit tasted like a mix of orange sherbert and battery acid.

1 Like

Today is day 1 for me again…definitely getting tired of my relapses

5 Likes