2021 roll call - introduce yourself!

Welcome
@Dwalk
Dominique, I was a pot head forever. It was really hard to quit. And I remember people telling me it’s not an addictive substance. Bullshit!!! :scream::scream:
It may not be so physically addictive as maybe heroin. I wouldn’t know. But it IS an addiction and it was very difficult for me to stop. But I did. Because I had children and it was an illegal substance. And one stupid close call almost going to jail straighten me out.

And @Eric1393
Congratulations on your 90 days. 91 now. That’s great. I thought I saw another Eric around here.

And glad you’re here too @DeeDee83
Danielle, I think we’ve already had some interaction on a thread or 2.

This is a great place for support. I wouldn’t be sober a year now if it wasn’t for the support of all the wonderful people on here. Keep checking in. Post pics of nature. Cat pics. Read memes. Go to @littlemisschatterbox silly sober talk thread or whatever it’s called. Just don’t pick up that first drink or smoke or whatever. Instead of picking up post a silly sober leg selfie. Do something on here!! It works if you work it. And y’all are worth it.
:pray:t2::heart:

5 Likes

Hello. My name is Amanda & I’ve been clean from meth & heroin/fentanyl for 5 mths & 8 days. It’s getting better now. The first 3 mths were hard

8 Likes

Same here. This ain’t my first rodeo. Best wishes!

Been around the block a couple/few times. Feeling optimistic. Happy to have found this forum. I need to be amongst peers, even if just virtual.

Thank you :heart:

1 Like

@M90
Hey Martin.
Welcome. This is the Talking Sober forum. I guess it part of the Sober Time app.

Have a good read around here. This place has been a great place for me to get support in my sobriety. Addiction is too tough to go it alone. We are stronger in numbers. And we are all worth it.

Here are two good threads to start:

2 Likes

Hello, This is my 3rd time round but the actual 1st time Iv actually wanted it my drug of choice is any opiate. Started with prescription drugs and went down from there. I’m day 6 going into day 7 atm first time iv ever used any app and been open and honest that I have a problem.

3 Likes

Congrats on 6 days! Keep up the positive work!!

1 Like

This forum is full of inspiring people! If you ever need someone to talk to reach out. I am at 52 days sober. This is the longest I can remember being sober, maybe ever. You can do this!

2 Likes

Iv been visiting everyday and reading and it’s such a help. Thank you and that is awesome should be so proud one day I hope to pass that message to someone else.

1 Like

YAY!!! Way cool. Congratulations.:+1::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hello, I am Michael, 93 days sober after 32 years of drinking. 1/4/21 I had enough, for years everyday I thought I need to chill or quit drinking. I have a 12 and 15 y/o boys and when my oldest was 4 he came down from his bedroom and said , “ Daddy, why when we go to bed you always make that drink”? ( Jack and Coke) that should’ve been enough right there , I have regrets about being hungover and not doing stuff because of alcohol, I wish I would’ve seen it when they were younger. They are proud of me, no bottom out story of arrest or DWI , just got tired of everything and the cycle booze leaves you in.

6 Likes

Hi, I’m Mike, DOC Alcohol. I’ve not drank since 2/13. 55 days. I’m happy to be sober. I’m from Southern Georgia. I’ve drank since I was a kid. I had one PBJ for DWI back in ‘94, other than that I’ve been able to stay out of legal trouble. In the last couple years though, I found, once I start to drink, I don’t want to stop until I can’t drink anymore. “Stop” had escaped my vernacular, especially where drinking was concerned. And remembering last night was next to impossible. It’s good to meet y’all.

8 Likes

Hiya. Good for you

1 Like

Hi I’m Ria and I’m an alcoholic. I am losing my family and need help to sober as my partner will not have me back until I help myself. I have 2 children I’m missing dearly. My youngest is 3years of age and missing her mummy… I hide drinks and will drink sometimes during the day. I have been lying to my partner. He had to have police and ambulance involved on numerous occasions, I feel so ashamed :sweat: Please help me

4 Likes

Welcome Ria
Here are two good threads to start:

1 Like

Thank you so much. Will look into it

1 Like

Find an AA meeting or something. It sounds like you really need some help. It sounds like you got a lot to be grateful for if you can be sober. I know I do. I do a gratitude list right here every morning. It starts my day off on the right foot.

Keep reading around here. Lots of people trying their hardest just to not pick up a drink today. One day at a time.

1 Like

Hi I’m Melanie from Canada been sober for a week going well so far my alcohol was my best friend …Not I’ll make this time around

5 Likes