2021 roll call - introduce yourself!

John my drug of choice was heroin but I started taking espranor about 2 yr ago and have been on them since Saturday wen I stopped but had a silliest little bit in a draw and ended up taking it on Wednesday morning :rage: instantly regretted it and now back on 48 hrs at 5 in morning this time I have no little slivers hiding and can’t get none so am braving meself for the next few days :+1::+1:

4 Likes

Ol and I’ve smoked weed Everyday since 16 and socially take cocaine but have literally stopped it all on Saturday I was doing well. But so let myself down Wednesday morning now I’m just kicking meself thinking them first 4 days were for nothing :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::rage:

3 Likes

Hi I’m Ewa, DOC is alcohol, I’ve been sober for 23 days. This is so hard to write, even though I don’t know any of you. I don’t talk about what’s bothering me or my issues to anyone, something I’m really trying to work on as I know now that that is what’s been keeping me stuck in this for so long. I started drinking casually at 13, when I turned 18 it became the regular university drinking… all the time. This went on until I married and had children, stopping all together was not an issue once I got pregnant. After my second, my daughter, was born I had severe post parting depression, I didn’t drink much until she was 14 months old. With un diagnosed postpartum, depression and anxiety and two young children it was my escape and a way to numb the overwhelming chaos I felt inside. I’ve tried to control my drinking over the years to full on not caring anymore, until I couldn’t do it anymore. So here I am, and I’m very happy to be here reading everyone’s experience makes me feel like I’m not fucking crazy

7 Likes

You ain’t crazy :heart:
I feel the same tho I just put a post up about dad and don’t talk about it to anybody but I feel on here I can let it all out cos no one nos me lol :joy:

2 Likes

I’m an alcoholic. Haha. However, I have 11 days sober and feeling like a champ.

7 Likes

Hello, Rita, Alcoholic/addict, 44 days sober and just got home, my mom’s gift was beautiful , flowers

5 Likes

My name is Ashley
I’m a recovering addict
That’s just trying to
Get it Right!

• This is not my first go around
    I’m currently 13 months sober

I decided to be apart of this site because It’s nice to get to know people that have went through
the same experiences I’ve went through and i thought it be a good idea to share my experience strength and hope as it was so freely given to me by my sponsor and people in the rooms.

6 Likes

Hi, my name is Steven and I am an Alcoholic and an Addict and I am 53 days clean and sober today. I live in Alabama and I am 51 years old. My DOC was Cocaine, opiates and alcohol although I have been a trash can addict and used whatever I could find since age 17.
I have been fortunate to have had 3 seasons of great sobriety in my lifetime (10 years, 5 years, and 3 years) but I stopped doing what I was supposed to be doing (including maintaining my depression meds) and quickly went back to my old coping mechanisms. It nearly cost me my life.
I recently got out of my fourth rehab Black Bear (over a 30 year period) in N Ga and hitting AA 90 in 90 and IOP x 5 weeks as well and indiv therapy weekly and staying on my meds including vivitrol.

I just found this app and could use the support without the BS of other social media.

8 Likes

Hi I am Flannery I am from the Twin Cities in Minnesota. My drugs of choices were heroin, meth and cigarettes. I have been sober from heroin and meth for one year, 7 months and 13 days and cigarettes roughly a year and a month. I have had many goes at being sober but this is the longest I have maintained my sobriety. I go to NA (Narcotics Anonymous) and want to get back to Celebrate Recovery. I am really grateful for my sobriety and to be alive and thank you for letting me share.

11 Likes

Congratulations on your 1 year and 7 months of being free from H. You are a miracle of recovery and proof that recovery does happen. I’m glad your here and willing to share your strength in recovery. My daughter is about 10 years clean from H. Miracles do happen.
God Bless You.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Hi! I’m Connie
Day 23 alcohol free for me! I’m from South Dakota
This is the longest I have gone without a drink my entire adult life and it feels great! Have a fantastic Tuesday everyone

10 Likes

Hi,
I’m Aaron this is day 1. DOC booze. Not my first but hopefully my last day 1. October 4 1400 MST 2021.

7 Likes

My name is Luci, DOC-alcohol
Searching seeking any and all avenues to support and be supported!

Blessed to be here!
Today I am struggling!
I’ma hot mess attempting to keep count of my blessings

Lord help me :pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3:

6 Likes

Welcome Steve. Glad you found us.
There’s a lot of great threads here. Have a good read around. Join in when you’re comfortable. A lot of people like this thread to check in daily and be accountable and get and give support.

Hope to see you around.
:pray::heart:

2 Likes

I dont know how to post

1 Like

Well you just successfully did Ryan. Welcome to the forum! Hope this place can be as supportive to you as it has been and still is to me.

1 Like

Hi, I’m Ryan been struggling with the Alcohol for 20 years now. Last night was a 5th of Crown and a bottle of Baileys. Been addicted to the emptiness it makes me feel. Started to drink at around 11 years old. Due to the physical and sexual abuse I suffered as a child. Been pretty reckless ever since. Tried whatever I could and the result has destroyed relationships good jobs and my own personal view of self. It’s a long road to go.

3 Likes

Hi I’m Kady, Im 31, I’ve been destroying my life with alcohol since I was about 15. I have ruined practically every romantic relationship I’ve ever had because of drinking. Most recently one this last weekend. I drink until I blackout and pass out so many times, but I only really drink at the weekends, it’s never destroyed my job and so some how I’ve compartmentalised this crazy out of control side of myself, but this has kept me going for so long telling myself it’s not a problem. But it is. And it always was. And I’m writing this to try and hold myself accountable so i don’t go back to it. Iv tried to get sober before, maybe lasted a few months at most many years ago. I’m going to find some meetings, maybe go twice a week to keep my mind focused on it and of course this community can help too.:pray:

8 Likes

Hi I’m sean I’m 40 been using since I was 11.doc would be weed but I’ve used every drug out there minus intravenously. I’m 21 days sober off everything including cigarettes. When I think of all the $ I’ve wasted I could own my own house and car paid off,I’ve ruined relationships and friendships cause of my drug use and I’d be so much farther in life.i broke my back in 2 places and that was the turning point.im blessed God spared my legs and I can walk.i have zero desire to use God heard my prayers and wiped it from my mind.im blessed to have found this app and community of wonderful people striving for the same things freedom peace a clear head and most of all LIFE God bless you all I pray as much as I can for you all

5 Likes

Thread rebooted for 2021. Come say hi:

2022 Roll Call – Introduce yourself!