2022 Hiking Club (walking sober)

Not a hike. A shortish walk with holding my bike. Sun!

15 Likes

What a beautiful day for a hike. We started in the forest, walked true the dune area to the beach. Great therapy, and lots of beautiful birds spotted. I hope it stays this weather for a couple of days!

18 Likes

you are afraid for cows? :laughing:

1 Like

Ok so hear me out… on the other side of the bridge you see a baby cow with what looks like 2 big cow guards. I don’t know how protective they are so I wasn’t gonna walk through a herd and possibly get trampled

6 Likes

I 100% support this logic lol

2 Likes

Thanks I thought it was pretty solid lol

4 Likes

There’s cows and cows :cow: :cow:. Then there’s bulls as well :red_square:. IMO you’re quite right to practise some caution Jennifer. The Scottish Highlanders we have here grazing our nature reserves, are known for their very docile nature and behaviour. Still we are reminded to keep our distance, although not many people do.

3 Likes

Not crossing herds is always a wish decision when there are young animals around.
Al tough those animals are harmless and non aggressive, otherwise it is not allowed to let them walk around loose.
Most people don’t now how to approach them without scaring them. Cows have a very bad eye sight so If you have to pass them always move slow and do not make any unexpected movements.

so running up the stairs wasn’t a good idea in this situation :wink:

3 Likes

18 Likes

Sunny but chilly. Not sure what the plant in the middle is but I thought it was cool. Beautiful day☀️

14 Likes

Visiting home :lemon: I miss these walks

12 Likes

Yesterday I made a long walk on my own of 20 km/12,4 miles. The weather was great so I could walk without my coat.

I walked around in the protected nature area near my house. I know the way and so I just wandered a bit. It was good! :pray:

10 Likes

16 Likes

:round_pushpin:Ben Venue, Scotland.

16 Likes

Scotland, that’s one of the counties on my wishlist for a holiday. But I hate mosquitoes :see_no_evil:
Is it douable? Mosquitoes like my blood, so that discourage me to go…
:mosquito::mosquito::mosquito:

2 Likes

In the summer months they are unbearable. If you came in the colder months then you would be absolutely fine :grin:

2 Likes

Ok! Thank you for the advice! :+1:

2 Likes

Stunning! We are up to Loch Lomond for a holiday in April, so excited.

2 Likes

Amazing Jenny, beautiful part of Scotland is Loch Lomond. You’ll love it! :grin::+1:

3 Likes

I’m hoping to be able to do the West Highland Way at some point. Probably not this year but hopefully will be fit enough next year!

I was reading up and it looks like June and September are good times to avoid the worst of the midges and make the most of the light.

2 Likes