2023 Roll Call -- Introduce yourself!

I am Joy. Trying to live up to my name. I think I knew from my first innocent sip that alcohol could ruin me. I have spent my entire adult life in varying degrees of sobriety, very aware of my family history of addiction, very aware of my unrequited and bonkers love for drinking, and very aware that the only successful and happy me is a sober me. Most of my sobriety runs have been lonely. Reaching out and utilizing forums like this has transformed my daily practices and has brought deep satisfaction in knowing I am not alone.

26 Likes

Hi, I’m Dan. Been a member of this great community and sober since 2018.

If there’s one piece of advice that I can share, it’s you get out what you put in. Put in the work, reap the rewards.

20220909_194620

32 Likes

Nick from the UK. Joined in 2017, finally got clean and sober July 2018. Used to post a lot, then didn’t, now decided its time to give back what was so freely given to me.

Went to AA, did my steps, then went to NA, and redid my steps, then went to CA and yep, redid my steps. This place really did save me those first few months of trying to quit. Now I use things from everywhere to stay happy and well. 6 days out of 7 are usually great. That’s 6 more days than when I was drinking or using.

I’m always here to help if I can, or point you in the direction of somebody who could help you better.

Don’t give in, don’t quit. Ask for help. You are definitely not alone :pray::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

28 Likes

¡Hola!

My name is Chris, working on 9 hundred and some change substance free.

I been around since late 2020, I found the app
As a counter and stumbled onto the forum

Arrived as a stranger, stayed as friends.

Some of the insight friendship and advice members gave me here, has been invaluable, been here in some great times, and other days when I couldn’t even get out of bed. These people were here and I couldn’t appreciate them more

I learned I’m not alone, I also learned like most addicts I can rationalize

So you’ll hear me say this often;
I may or may not be an alcoholic or drug addict, but I don’t really care to find out

20 Likes

Welcome David. Glad you’re here. I’ll be brief,for once. I’m Billy grateful recovering drug addict. Altered my consciousness from age 16 to 70. Rehab,psych meds,therapy and Buddhist based recovery groups AND TS all helped me immensely. I’m the best version of myself. Grateful I was told about this app. Been here starting June 27 2022.

14 Likes

Hey everyone! Sherry from Colorado USA. About to celebrate 2 years sober in February after suffering from AUD (alcohol use disorder) for roughly 15 years. I’ve used TS to get through tough times and to share my story with other to get through theirs. Happy New Year everyone! Here’s to a happy, healthy and sober 2023!

24 Likes

Hi, Im Ryan. Ive been sober since Jan 1. So almost 2 days now.

27 Likes

Hi Everyone,

I’m from Ireland. I’ve been here before but this is my first tentative step back, first day, first hour. My drinking is out of hand. I’m starting fresh right now, I’m hoping to get some perspective in my life again as it’s completely out of whack. Every decision I make is coloured by when I can get a drink. I’ve started morning drinking which is scaring me, gin dressed up as orange juice. I never thought I’d morning drink & now I do. A moderate night drinking world only be one bottle of wine. Mostly its bottle and a half & then move to the gin, sometimes it’s two bottles. I crave it. I don’t even get drunk, rarely if ever. It’s like the drink has no effect anymore. I’ve put on piles of weight & I’m puffy & swollen. My priorities are all around access to drink.

But I’m here, I’m taking the first step.

Nice to meet up all.

Joanna

28 Likes

Hi Joanna you’ve come to a great place. Read, read, read, post a lot, ask questions, get involved.
And to you too @theboroguy snd everyone else!

9 Likes

Thanks Alisa, I will do exactly that.

4 Likes

Hi there! I am praying for everyone to have a sober and clean 2023! I’m 51 years old and actually didn’t become addicted to alcohol until I was in my 30s. I’m a mother of five and one soon to be born grandbaby :heart: I’ve been sober for 2 1/2 years now. I thank the wonderful people in TS who have helped me along in my journey. I couldn’t have done it without the support. And beleive me, I’ve tried to fly solo in the past. It doesn’t work without support! Big hugs to everyone and lots of love :upside_down_face::smiley::upside_down_face::smiley:

20 Likes

Welcome! Glad you are here!

1 Like

Welcome back!

1 Like

Hello everyone… I’m James, my wife and 2 boys have recently moved to Wiltshire in the UK.

I’m currently on my third attempt at getting sober from alcohol. I’ve successfully quit things like cigarettes in the past but have always had a love hate relationship with alcohol and found it very difficult to stick with abstinence for more than 6 months.

The reality is I’ve known in my heart that I wasn’t going to make it stick on previous attempts and ended up self-sabotaging.

That said things are good and I’m super-motivated to do it this time. This platform is amazing and I’ve found it super helpful in the past!

Thank you for reading.

Peace and love for 2023!

26 Likes

Hello friends!

I’m Jenny from Midwest USA. Been working on sobriety for a few years with middling success, then finally became active here a few months ago after a particularly unpleasant episode. I never realized how much participating in a community like this would mean to me, or the relief I would feel when I realized I’m not alone in struggling. The support, understanding, and acceptance has meant the world to me, and I learn something new every day here about addiction or about myself.

25 Likes

Hey Jenny! Jenny from Kansas City. Glad you are here!

3 Likes

I’m another Dan, I’ve been a member going on 5 years this year. TS became an even more important part of my sobriety when the pandemic hit.

Much love to all our moderators, it can be a difficult task and it makes demands on their time, patience, and kindliness.

I’m sober from alcohol 17 and a half years, and free of cigarettes for 15 years.

27 Likes

Hello :wave:

My name is Accalia and I’ve been sober from alcohol since December, 27th, 2022.

Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas, or Happy Holidays, or if you do not celebrate then I hope you are well and have had a Happy New Year so far. Much love to you all.
:black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart:

24 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

3 Likes

Thank you so much. :heartbeat:

3 Likes