3 days sober, struggling

This is my first post, I’m on day 3 of being sober from pills. It’s been a struggling day, I haven’t been out of bed at all. I want to do my hair and makeup and feel alive but can’t get motivated. Send good vibes my way, please. I know I will get over this and tomorrow I will do my hair and makeup and get out in the world so I won’t be trapped in my own thoughts. :v:

6 Likes

Keep pushing and take it one day at a time. You have a huge support system here. One day at a time

2 Likes

Its tough for me to get out of my shell sometimes 3days out your getting on your way, just stay positive and try to get yourself motivated to get moving 1step at a time. You have plenty of support here just ask for help if your getting edgy and need suggestions or anyone to talk too.:+1:keep up the good work

2 Likes

Welcome Mitzi

Have a good read around here. This place has been a great place for me to get support in my sobriety. Addiction is too tough to go it alone. We are stronger in numbers. And we are all worth it.

:pray:t2::heart:

Here are two good threads to start:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, and also to the beginning of a new life. You can do this, but remember to be kind to yourself. Remember that right now you may not feel like doing much, so if you can’t get yourself to do something big, do something small for yourself and build up. If you can do something that you can ignore your thoughts and your current misery for a while, that may help. It helped me. Hang in there and make use of this forum.

3 Likes

Warm welcome, and remember it’s OK to be in bed after all it’s day 3 so don’t put undue pressure, I’m not sure what kinda pills your are como g off but I’ve just done a benzo detox I was in bed for 2 weeks early days showering and brushing my teeth and getting dressed was the best I could do and other days I couldn’t even do thar, it was brutal, get lots of fluids in you start taken vitamins that suit your needs, if you have a garden just go sit in the fresh air, I understand everything feels a million times harder early days but it does become easier. Read around there’s such alot of support with ppl at all diffrent stages of there journey.

1 Like

It’s hard. Lay low, that’s fine. Drink plenty of water. Eat some fruit. Rest. I’m day 5 off booze. This forum is helpful . Your not alone. You’ve got backup and encouragement here. Withdrawal is the gateway to freedom.

1 Like