30 day challenges

I’ll keep you posted!

1 Like

Rest day for my bum, only free weights and the crunches for day 10 here. Evening yoga now to stretch it out. :v:

2 Likes

Day 11 done. Fortunately this morning’s yoga was just 10 mins sun salutations as I didn’t get up early enough to do any more. Class tonight so double yoga today!

another day done :smiley:have a great day everyone :zap:

2 Likes

The site www.doyogawithme.com has some great beginner and ntermediate 30 day challenges, they’re quite good classes for the most part too!

1 Like

Back on the bandwagon after a day off. 40 min elliptical workout this morning. I had knee surgery for a torn meniscus last year and its finally starting to feel 100%. I may start running again. Even considering signing up for a triathlon in the spring. I used to do triathlons up until 2008 when my drinking really got out of control. Sobriety in starting to give me the itch to give it a go again.

@Yoda-Stevie @hopeandfaith You both mentioned a Tumeric supplement. Can you provide the brand you use. Would like to give it a try.

I use Jocko Joint Warfare daily. It’s a combined Turmeric (Curccumin), Glucosamin & Chondritin tablet. I also take Nutra Champs Turmeric with Bioprene (Pepper extract) capsules when I am extra sore or injured. Think of it like I take the Jocko as a daily/preventative, and the Nutra Champs when I need more of one supplement, and not necessarily all of them. I also take Krill oil and a multi-vitamin formulated for men over 50.

1 Like

I’m starting mine on October 1st. You can track with me.

1 Like

I trashed my shoulder during my belt test, so not 150 push ups for me, either. I’m doing one that’s all striking, kicking, and situps. Build your own. Set your goals. Get after it. Report your progress.

2 Likes

I can’t do pushups either so I stuck with yoga.

1 Like

Day 11 done!

1 Like

Day 12 yoga challenge done. Have lost a couple of lbs which is a pleasant surprise. Arms and core feeling stronger too. Might even be able to attempt some pushups once these 30 days are done!

1 Like

Day 12 done. I tried doing real push ups and managed three decent ones, to pull off 30 seems to be far away but we´ll see, I´m going to keep working on it!

2 Likes

I’m going to add to my 30-day challenge: Eat Paleo.

Seriously. I can be a bit of a stress-eater. Bad email or phone call from a customer, and I find myself heading for the fridge. Not working out with a shoulder injury means more carried stress, and I am eating like I did when I first quit drinking. Haven’t gained any weight that I can tell, but really the diet has gone to crap.

Time to get back on the path.

2 Likes

Yeah…the Dark Side of the force is tempting me, in the form of a big bowl of Ziti, smothered in sauce a parm. Oy.

1 Like

So does the Cheese Danish I ate.

Seriously, I start light training again tomorrow. See how the shoulder does. Back on the path. Diet/Exercise/Rest, the 3-legged stool.

2 Likes

Days 10 & 11. Yesterday especially felt exhausted in every way, so took rest. Today still pooped, but mustered about 2/3 of my daily goal.

Feel physically stronger and from the fit of clothes noticing my belly of shame is slowly retreating. Nice motivator!

2 Likes

My mum is staying for the weekend and she is sleeping in the living room so I am a bit later than usual doing morning yoga. Messed my routine up a bit but just took the dog for a walk first instead, and managed to squeeze my yoga mat into my office and watched today’s video on my phone instead of the TV.

Day 13 done!

2 Likes

Due to the annual family hike (aka best tradition ever) I didn’t work out today. Not sorry :wink:

2 Likes