30 day challenges

Holy carp, that’s gorgeous! Where is it if I may ask?

The mountain is called “Zirbitzkogel” and the lake down there is the “Lindasee” it’s in Austria. It was my great grandmothers favorit mountain, so since she died in 2007 lots of my relatives meet every year for this hike.

1 Like

Easy to see why she loved it. That’s a beautiful tradition.

1 Like

Yeah, I like it a lot. And it’s an easy family thing to stay sober at!

1 Like

About to hike my new old friend. Maybe I’ll snag a picture…

1 Like

It’s the opposite for us here, most parts of austria are nothing but mountains :grin:

2 Likes

Funny! I hear that same cold snap gave us these.

Tis a humble hill, especially the first one. It’s such a lovely park though. And they have a ranch. With goats!

Day 12 check! Came up a little short on reps, but hauled it on the trail today! Another 20 seconds off my pace, including time for goat photo op. :goat:

3 Likes

Day 14 yoga challenge done. Two weeks people! Keep it up everyone :raised_hands:

3 Likes

good morning all :smiley: early start it’s 5:30 am here off to the gym I hope I can do all the lunges today my ankle &knee have been buggin me … old age :grimacing:lol hope everyone has a super sober wonderful day … unless you are a Patriots fan and then I hope it’s just ok

2 Likes

Finished day 14! I feel stronger with every day, thanks for this challenge :heart:

3 Likes

Day 15 done - halfway through! :grin:

1 Like

Day … ya not so sure lol sit ups and push up done no lunges today I did 15 and my knee is killing me … I might need it for the rest of the day . Hope everyone had a good weekend … stay safe stay sober

Well it’s a progressive yoga thing and not the same each day, but I did notice a difference in my yoga class Thursday evening and I feel like I’m getting stronger and more balanced. So I’d say yea! :person_in_lotus_position::muscle:

3 Likes

Ok… Spent day 13 goofing off with friends, eating way too much Italian food, and hitting up a step meeting.

Day 14 though! Back to action. Blew through 80 pushups in one day, and even got everything in way before bedtime! :muscle:

Day 16 yoga challenge done! Felt a bit wobbly and distracted this morning but still put the time in which is the main thing :person_in_lotus_position:

3 Likes

Took a break yesterday but I´m back on it today :slight_smile: day 16 done!

Day 15 :heavy_check_mark:. Notice those first few push ups are coming easier. Not sure if I’ll make it to 150 by the end of 30 at this rate, but better is better! :v:

(Also, I think I messed up the day count somewhere. :man_shrugging:)

2 Likes

Bah! Yes. I got confused by how I set my Sober Time count up.

Today was 16! Man, time flies.

Day 17 yoga challenge done!

I tried a push up today. I can only get about half way down, not nose to floor. If I do the modified ones (i.e. on knees) will that help me build up to full ones?

2 Likes

Haven’t checked in on this thread in a few days but I’ve been getting the workouts in. I did 40 min on the elliptical this morning. One HUGE benefit to being sober… I’m not drinking 10-20,000 empty calories each week. Throw in more consistent workouts and I’ve lost 10+ pounds in the 3 1/2 weeks since I quit drinking!!! That is some motivation to stay sober right there!!!

1 Like