30 day challenges

With a wife and THREE teenage daughters, I’ve got all the ladies i can handle!!! :sweat_smile:

Cool well I might start adding in some of those before my yoga in the mornings and see how that goes

Heck yeah! Like @Mephistopheles, modifications like doing the pushups from the knees do help. I started out doing many of them that way and still squeeze in a few knee ups (?) when I wanna push a little farther.

It does work slightly different muscles. That first couple days I did too many and my elbow muscles were weirdly sore.

1 Like

Day 17 :white_check_mark:.

Up to 83 full pushups on the day, because if I can do 80 I can do just… a few… more!

2 Likes

From yoga I can do a proper plank to floor but, but can’t keep the posture pushing back up (like have to lift shoulders up first). I can do a few modified pushups so will work on building that up for now.

Also day 18 yoga done… Which included some wide handed/footed(?) pushups! Not done with great form haha but I did them :grin:

2 Likes

I´m getting lazy with the check ins here…it´s got to be day 18 and I´ve done my workout yesterday and today :muscle:

3 Likes

Or maybe we should do some variations next time, so that we do 30 days again but every 10 days we change the workout :thinking:

I dunno. This has helped me a bunch. I’d gotten so lazy I needed to rebuild some unglamorous daily discipline!

2 Likes

Since I don´t have a gym membership (just don´t have that kind of money right now) it helped me alot to commit to a workout I can do at home or wherever I want. I´m going to look into some other routines to do without equipment and maybe come up with another challenge, because I think I need it to be some kind of a challenge or I wont do it for longer then a view days :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Good abs workout at yoga class tonight for anyone interested in mixing it up a bit… I don’t know how useful this explanation will be but I’m giving it a go!

Lay on your back, bend knees & lift up, cross legs and tuck foot behind calf (or just squeeze thighs tight) lift head and shoulders, arms behind neck with elbows to sky. Breathe in and balloon belly, breathe out and pull belly down. If it’s too easy your knees are too close to your chest and you need to lift your head/shoulders up more! Repeat (can’t remember how many times, maybe start with 5 and see how it feels). Next keep legs where they are, bring hands to floor above head and interlock thumbs. Head stays lifted. Breathe in and bring arms over head to knees and lift shoulders, breathe out bring arms back to floor. Repeat. Then unravel and breathe. Then repeat on other side.

1 Like

Day 19 yoga challenge done. Also did 20 modified push ups.

2 Likes

Day 19 done! Still working on regular push ups, looks like three in a row is the limit for now…but today I did 100 situps in one go! Never tried bevor but I’m pretty sure I couldn’t do that two weeks ago :blush:

1 Like

Day 18 big :heavy_check_mark:.

Day 19 rest today. Tomorrow I’m gonna take a run at 100 push ups. Tonight I need to exercise some other “muscles.”

2 Likes

Day 20 yoga done. Looking forward to today, got 7 hours of belly dance workshops ahead of me :grin:

2 Likes

Day 20… :100: pushups! Plus a big check for the rest.

2 Likes

Yesterday I helped my dad and brother turn a big old tree into firewood instead of working out. But today I´m back on track, day 21 done!

1 Like

I thought so too, thats why I didn´t call it a rest day :grin:

1 Like

Not done yoga day, I did a two hour belly dance workshop this morning though and that was after 8 hours yesterday so I think I’ve done my activity for the weekend!

2 Likes

Half the day’s reps, plus an 8 mile uphill hike. Calling that okay for today! :v:

Pondering if alternating hard/medium effort will get me to 150. Days after a rest always seem to come strong.

1 Like

Lumber jack workout for the win! :muscle:

1 Like