30 day challenges

The routine and the consistency challenge were definitely the worthier parts on this end, too. Well (almost, but never) done! :muscle:

2 Likes

I think you are one of the most consistant ones in this challenge and that’s what it’s about! What kind or how much of a work out you do is not that important (and feels very different to every body). Getting up earlier every day to do Yoga is impressive :hearts:

1 Like

Day 29 done. One more day! Then I’ll have to think about something new :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What if you wake up on your stomach?

Clean Living, Prayers, and the will to keep driving forward, (plus having the Mrs. chasing me around, wanting some me.)

Seriously, its because I love my wife and kids so much. I want to be around and healthy for as long as I can, and if I ever have to be “dangerous on demand” to protect them, I want to be as dangerous as I can possibly be. I want to be the worst decision a potential assailant ever made. I want to be that “critical error” in his or their “victim selection process”. This is what gets me out of bed in the morning, into the “ludus gladiatorius” every morning, and off to class in the evening.

1 Like

Day 29 :ballot_box_with_check: Still can’t break 28 push ups in one set. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

We went off about Fitbit in another thread. I have their Aria 2 connected scale, too. Realized yesterday it measures body fat when barefoot, so apparently I have a few months of BMI data.

Down 4% body fat since living sober, and up these massive guns. :muscle:

3 Likes

Day 30 DONE :dancer::tada:

1 Like

Day 30 done. Was going to go for another 150 today, but something pretty cool came up with my boss for lunch. Did knock out 30+30+15 tonight in one go. Lunges & crunches tho, :ballot_box_with_check:.

I’ve carried on enough about how much this challenge has done for me. You all are rockstars, and big ups to @beyondmythoughts, whatever magic she’s getting into these days, for kicking this off. :heart:

See y’all over at Working on working out! (Or wait… did we wanna do this again? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

4 Likes

I made it! One whole month and not a single push-up. I think I’m going to celebrate with some pie.

3 Likes

Also, I’m resetting my “30 Day Challenge” sobriety counter as soon as I decide on a good, new challenge… Maybe yoga. Maybe the running thing. :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m going to do the next 30 days of yoga series that Andrienne has from next week. She’s really good, would recommend!

3 Likes

I did the workout yesterday so that was day 30.

I started strong in this challenge and was really motivated because I didn`t work out for a long while and needed the motivation. That motivation kind of died down after approximately two weeks. I did a lot of it anyway (thats the good thing about checking in here and seeing others doing their thing) but after a while I stopped challenging myself to get better and just tried to fit the 150 into my day.

I´m motivated to do a challenge again in a slightly different way. I think my motivation would be higher with different exercises on different days and maybe plan two or three rest days so it doesn´t become monotonous. I´m going to try to come up with a plan and post it here in case someone want´s to join.
I would like it if we start (with whatever challenge you are up to) on the same day again because the checking in is the biggest motivation for me!

2 Likes

Agreed I like the daily check in. I was thinking of starting mine again from Monday but happy to hold off if it’s more convenient for others.

2 Likes

What’s a Cooper’s test?

Hmm that sounds interesting. Is the idea to repeat daily and increase your distance?

I like that idea. It’s pretty hilly where I live but I think I could find somewhere flat enough. I guess as long as you do the same route each time it doesn’t matter too much!

Looks good! I might do something like a 30 day burpee challenge to go with it. I hate them but I know they are good for me :joy:

Yea I think whoever came up with the idea is definitely a sadist of the highest order!

1 Like

Monday sounds good to me, I should be able to come up with my own 30 days workout over the weekend!

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your shoulder…like I said running is really not my thing but now that I think about it I could probably do 12 minutes, and if I can do it once I could do it once a week and so on.
So maybe I´ll talk myself into trying the cooper test thing :slightly_smiling_face: