30 day challenges

One of many awesome things about living sober is that I can get up early enough to have breakfast, maybe read something or check my emails ect. and then when I have to leave I´m actually wide awake and ready for the day!

2 Likes

Got up early enough to do yoga but spent too much time reading through TS :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Will do yoga after work.

Day one burpee challenge done. Downloaded an app and it just says to do 5 on day one so that’s what I did. Could have done more but am sticking with the programme. Aim is to get to 100 by the end of the 30 days.

3 Likes

I am going for 100 in one go

2 Likes

I did it with half push ups but I think I should be trying chest to floor. Will see how that goes tomorrow…

1 Like

Day 1 is done. I´m really curious about this challenge as I´m going to increase the workout every day…

1 Like

Who got 30 days sober?

1 Like

Actually I have 48 days sober and 1 day of the new workout challenge :grinning:
Feel free to join us in 30 days of pushups, situps, burpees, running, yoga…or whatever else you want to do :grin:

1 Like

I’ll give this a shot I need to shed some pounds and get in shape

2 Likes

Just done yoga day one. Aiming to do this in the morning with the Burpees. Doing this one this time if anyone else is interested:

And @Lisa_MacPeach_Haynes I’m on 169 days :grin:

10 Burpees (@Mephistopheles chest to floor!)

Plus yoga done, it was a 50 minute one today. Fortunately I’m not car sharing today so it doesn’t matter too much that I’m running a bit late!

1 Like

Day 2 done.

1 Like

Here’s my November 30-day Challenge. I’m choosing “Brutal” for my challenge level:

https://www.darebee.com/challenges/ninja-challenge.html

2 Likes

That makes me ache just looking at it :joy:

If I get through the Burpees challenge though I might try that next month

1 Like

15 Burpees this morning plus yoga.

Day 3 done!

3 Likes

Naw. You do one exercise per day, for 2 minutes. You do this on top of your regular work-out. The exercises are down at the bottom of the page.

I am always in beast mode…just going from Green Hulk to Red Hulk.

Next belt test is Dec 14. I’ll be testing for my Purple belt in both Krav and Kick-boxing. I switched up my workout to focus more on endurance, and striking. Today I did a 5K, Pyramid Pull-ups to 6, 4x50 sit-ups, and 3x2min rounds on the double-end bag. Tomorrow, it’s 15 minutes of shadow boxing, 1000 punches, 1000 kicks, 6 x 2min Jump Rope. Saturday, It’s ground and pound day. Whole workout is done with the ground bag. Lifting it. Throwing it. Hitting it. Sunday, same as Thursday, except 1000 Elbows and Knees. Monday I run, pull-ups, sit-ups, double-end bag. Tuesday it’s agility work. Ladder and cone drills, Slip rope and Maize Bag.

Day four… 20 Burpees this morning. Rest day tomorrow :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Forgott to check in…day 3 and 4 are done!

1 Like

Krav has no sporting component, although some MMA fighters list it as one of their base martial arts. I could compete in kick-boxing or MMA, if I wanted to, but my motivation for training is for self-defense and overall physical and mental fitness.

There are “Senior MMA” promotions. Usually fighters are matched based on age, with a max allowable age difference of 10 years. 10 years is a lot, once you break 50. Huge difference between a 40 and 50 year old, and a 50-60 year old.

I think I am a bit past my prime to train at the level I would need to, in order to compete. Plus the weight-cut would be brutal. For my height, I should be fighting at a max 155. I’d have to cut 40 lbs to get to that, or I’d have to fight at a higher weight class, which means bigger opponents.