30 day challenges

Yoga day 4. Sun salutations, upward facing dog (are you freakin’ kidding me?), corpse pose (that’s better!).

Sore as all get out - but glad I’m doing it.

4 Likes

I’m a little behind my plan, not a whole day but a few of the exercices. But I went for a hike yesterday so let’s just say that I’m back on track :grin:
Day 21 done.

1 Like

Oy, same here! Did not do @MoCatt’s Zumba yesterday, just took a brisk walk. Missed my jogging day and feels like a backwards slide. :confused:

Haze be damned, I’m going for a hard hike today!

1 Like

Hiking for the win!

3 Likes

After being up waaay too late with caffeine induced insomnia - made much better by a long phone chat with a lovely friend - I…well…took a nap. :sleeping:

Nonetheless! - got up and did a sleep glazed day 5 of yoga. This soreness is going to abate soon, yes?

3 Likes

Go you! For soreness, “Tumeric.” - @Yoda-Stevie

Banana as well? Least that works for strength training. :thinking:

3 Likes

Day 16, Sunday hike only 4 miles. Only one loop of the park was open today. :pensive:

Still, kept a good pace and saw some lovely trail I don’t often do.

3 Likes

I’d expect at least another week of soreness. But think of it like your muscles waking up! Once they’ve got going they will be nice and strong :grin:

1 Like

I have done my daily yoga the last couple of days but not pushups. I was feeling too shit yesterday and I know exercise should help but I just couldn’t face it, didn’t do them this morning either. I am so grateful for yoga though because that is the reason I got out of bed this morning!

3 Likes

Yoga day 6 and a long walk with my boys. I’ve embraced the turmeric, and I’m not quite as sore as yesterday. Baby steps…

2 Likes

Day 17. Got out for my jog today after a little whining and encouragement. 10’23"/mi.

Sure enough I felt much better after. Also the HR (resting and working) started trending downward again this past week. Still ~2 weeks to go with these small but important reminders to keep at it. :v:

3 Likes

Day 22 and back on it. 18 pushups and morning yoga.

3 Likes

Yoga day 7. Glad I got it in early; my poor four year old vomited in the car on the way home from the grocery store. I’ve been on nurse mama duty since then.

The upside? My planks seemed the tiniest bit easier today!

2 Likes

Day 18, in the bag. :+1:

2 Likes

Day 23, today would have been 75 Burpees if my toe wasn’t all gross. But such is life. Have worked out a system of plasters so I can at least walk for about half an hour without it feeling uncomfortable.

Got to leave for work early today so no time for yoga, will catch up on it after work. 20 pushups done though!

2 Likes

Didn’t do yoga last night, ran out of time. But I did power through my to do list and get some house work done so there’s that.

No yoga again this morning as my to do list kept me up late and the extra half an hour in bed felt needed. 22 pushups done though! And yoga class tonight.

Lesley fightmaster is awesome. Dont know if someone else mentioned her but I take all her classes. Even a 90 day challenge if you wanna kick up after 30

1 Like

I want to work through all Adriene’s 30 days first. Then will check her out!

Something is either right or wrong with this routine of workout between work and dinner. Getting home and sitting down for just a minute leaves me wanting to not move. Yet I know if I get up and do it I feel better both immediately and in general.

Either need to tweak my routine or my thinking, not sure which. Would really like new habits to stick this time round!

Hmm. :confused: Alright… back in a bit.

2 Likes

Alright! Days 19 and 20 :heavy_check_mark:

Mmm, 11’ 10"/mile. :expressionless:

2 Likes