30 day challenges

Way to beat the Idontwannas. Proud of you!

1 Like

Yoga day 8 - progress! Was actually able to do a bit of the flow stuff for the first time - and still had a little energy to entertain my kids by doing Zumba.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m exactly the same. I don’t think there’s anything right or wrong with it… Just don’t sit down when you get in!

It’s ok to have a slower day too, you did it that’s the main thing :raised_hands::clap:

1 Like

Only did 23 pushups today, arms were very wobbly after 20 and struggled to get down low enough. If anyone has any tips on building numbers up, apart from sheer determination, let me know!

Am working today, usually have Fridays off, so will yoga later.

1 Like

That happened to me as well early in for the pushups/lunge/sit up challenge. @Yoda-Stevie’s comment to do small sets throughout the day was on point. I started out doing 10-20 at a time. Then two sets of 15, then 20, now up to 30, while doing the other stuff in between. At minimum I did at lunch and before dinner. Also taking a rest day like @Heidi had pre-scheduled in when the body was simply not budging, then picking up strong again the next.

It got gradually easier. The day I did 150 it was in the span of about 4 hours since that’s all I had that day. Also small sets, tapering down like @Mephistopheles suggested from 30 to 15 then taking a break for a couple hours and repeating.

Maybe him and Stevie have s’more tips?

1 Like

I have taken a rest from pushups today. Will try splitting it up into two sets tomorrow!

Did yoga this morning. Didn’t do it yesterday in the end as work was busier than expected. Ended up clocking up over 16,000 steps though so not a lazy day!

1 Like

Days 21 and 22. 10’ 44"/mi pace. :confused:

The alternating between brisk walk and jogging days has been mostly good, getting leaner and seeing my resting HR drop a bit more.

However, I’ve seen 3 times now where my heart rate suddenly jumped and stayed high throughout the run. I… am not sure if that’s a Fitbit glitch or what. Thinking to see the doc after the Thanksgiving holiday and maybe dial it back a little.

Did 10 pushups this morning. Not motivated to do second lot yet but still a couple hours before bed! Did yoga this morning though.

Get it, @siand! :muscle:

1 Like

Ok I did it! 15 pushups so 25 total today.

Thanks for the encouragement I nearly didn’t do it :grin:

1 Like

:hugs: It’s funny, isn’t the hardest one to do always the first one? :rofl: Good work!

I did that, broadly separated sets, for probably the first few days. 10-15 here and there. Once that wasn’t a struggle I went to doing 15, brief break doing crunches/lunges, then another 10. Also at least twice/day.

Onward and upward. Still impressed how quick you plowed through all those burpees! How’s the foot?

1 Like

Blood blister is still very much there. I’ve been doing quite a lot of walking but my plaster system is stopping it from getting worse. I kind of want to pick up the Burpees again but I feel like that’s going to make it take longer to heal. But it doesn’t really hurt or anything… :woman_shrugging:

Will stick to the pushups for now at least. I don’t know what a good target for one set is but I will work on building it up over next week and see how it goes! Thanks for the tips that’s super helpful :grin:

1 Like

Thanks for this. Between your comments and general advice like this, I’ve been dialing things back from where I started. I probably wouldn’t make much progress if my chest exploded. :sweat_smile:

In any case, there are signs of progress, feeling better, habits are better, and clearly this was something I really needed.

It started where we were all in sync, although doing different challenges we had the same 30 days. It has morphed a bit though and those of us that are left have different start days (I think I’m on day 27 although I have lost count a bit).

I was wondering whether we should merge onto the working on working out thread instead…

1 Like

@anon30771928! This was for 30 day workout challenges of various kinds. Committing to a daily workout and gettin’ to it.

Most of us are on our second round of challenges, though we got a staggered start. Others recently joined such as the fearless @MoCatt.

Pick a goal and jump on in!

2 Likes

Actually, ditto. This has been really helpful for me to get back in a routine. I may also hop to “Working on working out” once this one’s a wrap, though.

1 Like

So if you scroll back up, there’s been all kinds of suggestions. The original was Adrienne’s YouTube 30 day yoga challenge. Also the 150 daily push ups/lunges/crunches challenge (though some modified to make that the ultimate final day goal of the challenge).

This round lots of custom plans. @Heidi posted a nice one she I think found on the web?

2 Likes

Day 23. Hiking day is my favorite day.

3.8 miles. 40 minutes in the moderate/cardio zone, 20 at peak.

Park still mostly closed. :frowning:

1 Like

Sad news about the park. Hope the goats are hanging in there! Sounds like you got a good hike in.

1 Like

Did day 26 of Adrienne’s yoga camp today, I’m a couple of days behind. Sleeping pattern is all out at the minute so did 20 pushups this morning. Managed another 20 this evening and then yoga. 11pm now so bed time! Attempt to get up at 5am tomorrow and get back to normal.

2 Likes