30 day challenges

Yoga day 24 - I can touch my toes!!!

5 Likes

Awesome! Isn’t flexibility great? This time last year I might be able to get a side kick to belt-buckle height on a guy my size. Now I can head kick them.

2 Likes

Yes!!! That’s awesome!!! Get after it…

Heck yes! Kick some butt, @EarnIt. :hugs: :muscle:

Yoga day 28. I need to decide on my next challenge, but I am definitely keeping up the yoga. I had no idea how still and sore my body had become until I started stretching it out.

3 Likes

Darebee.com has some great challenges. Maybe check them out?

1 Like

Will do! Thank you!

1 Like

With regular practice I’m a big fan of yoga to bridge straight strength training with… meditation? The stretching is fantastic to stay loose, the breathing and motion for mindfulness. I’ve been such rubbish about it lately.

@anon30771928 got me back on it this weekend and I felt much better. That Adriene is solid. I’d gotten physically tight in places without noticing. Here also is a YouTube link to my fave. Very good for beginners and it’s longer form. (Loud, obnoxious, 90s workout tape intro warning. Skip to ~40 seconds in.)

3 Likes

The “Candlelight Yoga” one is ~40 mins long. Maybe @siand or @MoCatt can comment on Adriene, but I think those are shorter? From what @siand has said, yoga seems a great way to start the day though I can never drag my ass out of bed early enough to find out. :blush:

G’night, good sir. :v:

1 Like

Yesss to morning yoga. But I didn’t do it this morning. It is nice before bed though too! That’s what I’m doing this evening.

Adriene does 30 day challenges which are between 20-40mins most days. There are lots of standalone ones which are around the 20 mins mark. She does a good morning routine.

I guess the 30 day ones are designed to have a good balance… I am definitely so much stronger since doing yoga daily (ish). But I wasn’t very strong to start with, don’t do weights etc, so I don’t know if it would make much difference on that front for you @Mephistopheles - but I definitely noticed a big difference in my yoga practice over the 30 days.

3 Likes

I did it - yoga day 30!

I hated the first seven days. I was stiff, sore, cranky, and bummed about how out of shape I was. Now, I truly look forward to yoga. By no means am I doing headstands, but I absolutely am stronger and a little more flexible - and it’s made me want to do more. I’ll pick my next challenge by tomorrow!

7 Likes

Hey, lady! Way to get it. :muscle: :heart:

I’ve sort of fallen into a maintenance mode. Doing a set of reps before lunch and dinner. Running a few days a week. Stats all just sort of hovering, feeling fine.

In the span of a day, 3 friends all recommended the Couch to 5k program. This morning saw they just made a C25k training app for my Fitbit. So that is gonna be a thing! :running_man:

Gonna be at mom’s where I’m probably not gonna be running (#realwinter) for the next few weeks, though. Sooo… Maybe Zumba or something till I get back? Hmm.

1 Like

Mel, I did it during the last challenge, and I’m happy to start over with you on the 2nd. My flexibility can use all the help it can get.

3 Likes

I’m set for C25k starting around the 11th. It’s like a >2 month program though. :confused:

Will take it to the working on working out thread, but keeping up here! (And, @anon30771928, still making a point of at least weekly yoga now… :dove:)

1 Like

I need to get back to yoga and splits training, especially now that I’m running again! I’ll try for 30 days of yoga but I’m also trying to do a meeting every day and if I have to choose one it’s got to be the meeting. #adultchoicesallsuck

4 Likes

Day 90. I think I’ve done a push-up

3 Likes

I’m in!

Love Adriene :heart:

2 Likes

Yes I want to do!!

Alright, Day 1 today. Decided on a 30 day dance and stretch challenge. I’m trying to get my “square” side splits back and inch toward my middle splits. There were parts of today where I was shaking and using modifiers, looking forward to getting stronger.

4 Likes

Oh man…is she not the cutest thing ever?? I’m totally going to sign up. I hope the doggy shows up in the videos too. LOL

1 Like