30 day challenges

I noticed! but didn’t comment. It just made me do a couple of double takes :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Yoga day 16. I can tell I lost a little of my flexibility improvement over the holiday. Back at it!

2 Likes

30k steps?! :star_struck: Dude, I only get like 15k on my hiking days.

1 Like

Ye gods, Tomi! That step count is insane!

Follow up! Had a run tonight. 10’ 18" / mile pace. A PB by 5 seconds.

I’ll take it. :+1:

1 Like

Yoga day @18. Today is the first day I looked forward to it

2 Likes

Dec 1. New 30 day challenge. I try to use the challenges to “go deep” in one aspect of my martial arts training, which hones the skills. This month is traditional boxing. Taking the Darebee “Boxer Prime” challenge. Here’s days 1 (completed) and day 2. I’m doing level 2 on each day, and punches are on a bag with mma gloves.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Sober selfies:

Out on yesterday’s weekend hike.

Today I’m comfortably down a full pants size, so close to my initial sober weight loss goal. The hike felt great, trekking through ~6.5 miles of unexplored hills without batting an eye.

Still pushing toward that 9 minute mile, one day at a time.

7 Likes

Snazzy headphones, man. Snazzy!

You are the picture of health. So proud of you, my friend!:hugs:

2 Likes

Omg, a face finally to go with the name! Love it, glad you shared!

4 Likes

This was a post from a long time ago…any new challenges going on right now? I’ve only done a squat challenge in the past. I did try the 100 burpees challenge once but I think I fizzled at around day 10!!

I’m still chuckling at this. Well played.

And @VSue, @MoCatt’s still rocking a yoga challenge and @Yoda-Stevie was just starting a new plan. Why not hop back on that horse!

Yoga Day 22!

I’m so glad this thread exists. Y’all are keeping me accountable, and I’m actually starting to feel a tiny bit stronger.

@VSue - come on in! I’m going to start another one when this 30 days is up.

3 Likes

Keep getting after it! Smash this one, and roll right into the next.

My plan is kicking my ass. Guess that is why it’s called a “challenge”.

2 Likes

Today I did day 4. Page on the right.

Drill 1: 4 push-ups, jab/cross/jab/cross
Repeat x 10

Drill 2: 4 push-ups, jab/hook
Repeat x 10

Drill 3: 10 push ups, 40 jabs 10 push-ups 40 jabs
Repeat x3

Drill 4: same as drill 3, hooks instead of jabs
Repeat x3

Drill 5: 10 push-ups 10 squat/hook punch, repeat with other arm, 3 sets.

Drill 6: 30 push-ups, 1min Jab/cross
2 sets

So many push-ups. Punches were sloppy there toward the end.

4 Likes

Chuck would tell me to get a total gym.

1 Like

No. I’ll check my pulse. That’s about it.

Yes, or change the routine. I switch it up every month.

Lifting? No, now that you are conditioned. You are anaerobic now. Depends on what your goal is, what you need/want the strength for.

Try kettlebells or go low weight/ high rep/high set twice a week. Circuit of 5-6 exercises that you knock out in about 30 minutes. You get the cardio, preserve strength, and build muscular endurance. That’s pretty much my strength strategy. I don’t need to be super-strong. I need to be strong enough, and be able to go for a long period of time.