30 day challenges

I’m used to yoga instructors being all calm and soothing…she is that but bubbly at the same time. She instantly made me smile. I’m actually excited to do this. Thanks for the link.

1 Like

Day one yoga done. It’s quite long but it’s mostly slow and not too intense. Except for the sneaky forearm plank in there!

50 mins so it’s doable. Most of her videos are 20-30 mins though.

1 Like

Day 2 done. I can do things I couldn’t do yesterday! Also ouch!

I’m realizing my back isn’t as strong or as flexy as it should be so I’ll be working a series of back strengthening workouts to spice things up.

3 Likes

I think having a mix is key. Otherwise you will just ache all.month :joy:

Day 2 done. Found it hard, which was good to check my ego a bit. Focusing on building solid foundations. I love how lessons from yoga just work for life too!

2 Likes

Did you do any yoga or did you avoid that too?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I am procrastination level: expert so I’m not really one to criticise :joy:

Oh crap. I forgot yoga today. But I walked 6 km today. That’s still good right??

1 Like

These first few are particularly wordy. I guess it’s to open it up to complete beginners. I have found it’s a good opportunity to get some extra meditation moments in and/or focus on building the foundation. I would imagine the pace will pick up a bit as the 30 days goes on.

I’m doing mine in the morning.

Day 3 done :ballot_box_with_check:

2 Likes

Day 4 yoga done :ballot_box_with_check:

So glad to be getting back to this as a daily habit, it just sets me up for the day so well.

3 Likes

Did day 4 yoga. Fairly easy, so “yay”. But man my skin was itchy!!

Now, to meditate.

3 Likes

Day 5 done. It was kind of weak but I moved a bunch of furniture and sat in a moving truck all day and my hips are feeling that.

3 Likes

Day 5 yoga done. Nearly didn’t do it because I went to a yoga class this morning. But I’m back at work tomorrow after what feels like a lot of time off :sob: so it has been a good way to wind down before bed.

2 Likes

No push-ups, no yoga, no running. Perhaps walking if it is not cold out. Not even taking pictures.
Only 30 day challenge I agreed to do is to stay sober. I am sober. I have learned that when I make commitments I can not follow up with, I don’t like myself. Right now it is the time to like myself.
I am admiring all of your dicipline and commitment. :+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

I like this. And I agree. My only true goal is sobriety…the rest is only gravy.

2 Likes

Be careful with the gravy, wont you?

1 Like

So it turns out videos are released at 6am UK time which is too late for me to get a session in before work. I did one of her other videos (sunrise yoga, only 15 mins which suits me this morning as I am aching from doing quite a lot of yoga yesterday) instead and will drop a day behind on Dedicate.

But day 6 yoga done!

2 Likes

Day 7 done! I am finding limitations, mostly in my shoulders, so that’s helpful to know. I’ll be gently working on strength and flexibility of those bad boys slowly because they’re really rough to work

1 Like

Thanks for the tag!! :sparkling_heart: I just started Day 1’s practice today so a bit behind all of you but am def on board for the challenge!

Not sure how to count this… Day 7 of yoga but day 6 of dedicate done. Think I will go with where I am on Dedicate.

Didn’t find the core work as challenging as in previous challenges. Progress maybe? Although still pretty fiery :fire:

1 Like